are wire wheels really that bad?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, are wire wheels really that bad? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ive heard many nightmare stories about wirewheels bending on hard bumps, not staying balanced, rusting, etc. are they really that ...
    pharaoh2653 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

are wire wheels really that bad?

ive heard many nightmare stories about wirewheels bending on hard bumps, not staying balanced, rusting, etc. are they really that bad? i love the look of wire wheels. does anyone have suggestions on whether or not i should buy a set? if so what brands are good. any and all help is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADILLACSAM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '80 Eldorado, '78 Eldorado

Re: are wire wheels really that bad?

Wire Wheels Look Good On Caddys. There R A Lot Of Cheap Brands Out Here, So B Careful. Daytons R Good , Zeniths R #1 In The Lowriding Community, As Far Aas Rusting, Getting Bent Well It All Depends On U. Also U Get Wat U Pay 4. Good Luck.

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

The cheaper the brand, the more, or worse, those symptoms will appear.

Mr_Bam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): even others in Caddy's hate my Lac's hahaha sissy fools

It really doesn't matter too much on which brand you choose, more like how you take care of them... Most newer wire wheels are made in china and assembled here stateside... With the china rims, they are just chrome... Dayton and Zenith both use stainless nipples and spokes, so they tend to have less problems... You can also get a set of Truspokes (my personal favorite, but hard to find and sometimes borderline D or Z prices...)
    Regardless of which way you want to go (and size) let me know what you're looking for and I can see who/where the best prices are :wink:

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

it is all in how well you take care of them. cleaning and everything can be time consuming but if you got the time go for it. just make sure you dont get bead laced wires, they are discontinued from alot of companys cause they leak air. all in all, wires look the best on any old Cadillac. good luck, and yes i suggest either Dayton or Player or Supreme.

pharaoh2653 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks mr bam, im looking for some 15" as they are stock size or maybe some 17" or 18". i dont want to pay more for the rims than i payed for the car. its a 90 deville.

Mr_Bam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): even others in Caddy's hate my Lac's hahaha sissy fools

Check with Ichiban hydraulics... He's in your area and is running a deal for like $199 a set :wink:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.