Cadillac Owners Forum banner

are wire wheels really that bad?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr_Bam 
#1 ·
ive heard many nightmare stories about wirewheels bending on hard bumps, not staying balanced, rusting, etc. are they really that bad?:bonkers: i love the look of wire wheels. does anyone have suggestions on whether or not i should buy a set? if so what brands are good. any and all help is appreciated

#4 ·
It really doesn't matter too much on which brand you choose, more like how you take care of them... Most newer wire wheels are made in china and assembled here stateside... With the china rims, they are just chrome... Dayton and Zenith both use stainless nipples and spokes, so they tend to have less problems... You can also get a set of Truspokes (my personal favorite, but hard to find and sometimes borderline D or Z prices...)
Regardless of which way you want to go (and size) let me know what you're looking for and I can see who/where the best prices are :wink:

#5 ·
it is all in how well you take care of them. cleaning and everything can be time consuming but if you got the time go for it. just make sure you dont get bead laced wires, they are discontinued from alot of companys cause they leak air. all in all, wires look the best on any old Cadillac. good luck, and yes i suggest either Dayton or Player or Supreme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.