Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
most liekly , i know its happend to me a couple times toying with a civic (he thoought he could shake me) , im fairly sure its a problem in the lower pan as the fluid sloshes away from the filter/pickup , but its entirely possible fluid is being sloshed into the side pan , and if thats the case then one would need to figure out a way to controll that without comprimiseing fluid flow ...
That's weird, because like I said, I still had my inside wheel spinning while it was bouncing, but the other wheel was still moving me forward. After I thought about it a little, my first thought is, it was bouncing because the transmission just wouldn't shift while one wheel was violently spinning.

My car definitely hits more than a half G in most turns, so I know it's got to be more than that, if that's what it is. Does yours spin the inside wheel, or just start bouncing and bog out? One of these days I'll buy/borrow a G-Tech and see what my car can really do. The goal is 3,000lb race weight (w/o driver), 300bhp, and 1g on the 300' skidpad.

side note , none of my race cars ever touched the street , they were all track only ...but i did build a street legal autocross track car for a guy , i dont count it as a racecar , but it had alot of work in it ...If im not miskaten we were the first do build up a 1.9 TDI jetta for track use in the US , no magainzes , no girls on the hood , no one ever knew what we did , but it was one kickass little car , esp back in the mid 90s ....My boss built a Audi A3 in 1999 (not availble int he US at the time) , got the car from the VW mule fleet when they were down here testing , that was a neat car ....like everything else we gutted it , caged it and went on from there ....
I wouldn't want to build a track-only car for myself, but I definitely respect the work that goes into them, being that I've wrenched on more than a few myself. But from a driver's point of view, fast and legal to run on the streets is definitely more fun than fast but not legal... Especially since I live near the Tail Of The Dragon.