Valve Stem/Caps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Valve Stem/Caps in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well, I purchased some 20' OG Wire Wheels with Spinners. After spending a hefty fee getting them rotated and balanced, ...
    Caddy89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Valve Stem/Caps

Well, I purchased some 20' OG Wire Wheels with Spinners. After spending a hefty fee getting them rotated and balanced, I forgot to tell the service department that I need a shorter valve stem so that the spinner will fit in the wheel.

Ive gone around to several shops and they all say that the only way to shorten the valve stem would be to re-mount the tire. Only problem is that it cost over 140 and nobody wants to do it because of the rubber sealant, and the possiblitly that they may have to by me new rims.

Is there any way of shorting/cutting the stem so that I can put my spinner into the rim dish? I was thinking of bending it down with some sort of tape/glue. I'm clueless as to what to use.

Basically if I can't shorten the stem cap so that its not in the rim, I can bend it over and then buy longer screws so that the spinner will not be in the dish but a little bit (5cm) out.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated,
    Thanks,
    Caddy89

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

Re: Valve Stem/Caps

You're SOL. They are right. You have to install the stem from the outsude of the wheel which menas that you need to remove the tire. And you can't cut the top off (that is where the actual valve is).

Car will look much better without spinners - trust me!

Peteski

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.