Replacing Struts 98 SLS ... need advice from experienced - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Replacing Struts 98 SLS ... need advice from experienced in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thanks Don, I don't think i have a 15/16 either. I'll just go buy one at sears this weekend. i ...
    iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Replacing Struts 98 SLS ... need advice from experienced

Thanks Don, I don't think i have a 15/16 either. I'll just go buy one at sears this weekend. i might have an opportunity on sunday to do the replacement if i get home early enough.

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Replacing Struts 98 SLS ... need advice from experienced

I did it! I took photos and everything, I posted the procedure here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=62949

the complete set of pictures are here:

http://gallery.iametarq.com/photos/c...ront%20struts/

The front gained I think as much as 1.5 inches of height above the wheel. I'm not a fan of low riders. so I'll take the inch anyday! There is absolutely no more metal on metal rattling noise from the car now when I go over bumps in the road.

There is still a rubber on rubber sound coming from somewhere which I suspect is the rears now, since the shop also said those were bad, but not as bad as the fronts. I'm saving the rears for the fall since with this weather we're having I think by march it'll be convertible weather. and I wont be driving the Seville as much!

Thanks Don for all your help, there is DEFINATELY noticeable improvement in the ride quality now. When I go to Detroit next weekend i'll be able to test it out on the highway.

I also feel no difference in steering so maybe I don't need the alignment? I am probably going to take it in anyway. I need a coolant flush as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.