97 SLS wheel bearing hub assy replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 97 SLS wheel bearing hub assy replacement in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Can anyone tell me what is involved with replacing the wheel bearing hub assy on a 97 SLS? First of ...
    yup
    yup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

97 SLS wheel bearing hub assy replacement

Can anyone tell me what is involved with replacing the wheel bearing hub assy on a 97 SLS? First of all, what comes with the bearing/hub assy? Is it just the bearing and the ABS pick-up stuff? or does it contain the spindle?
    Assuming it does not contain the spindle, will I need to completely remove the spindle assy from the car to press the old bearing/hub assy out and the new one in? Or can it be done without removal? I have replaced many wheel bearings before and have a press at home, but have never worked on this model before.
    Any tips to make the job easier would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

yup
    yup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 97 SLS wheel bearing hub assy replacement

I'ts hard to believe that no one here has changed a wheel bearing hub assembly on one of these before.....

I did find out that the bearing / hub assembly is not part of the knuckle (spindle). Does anyone know if the bearing / hub assembly can be replaced without pulling the knuckle or half shaft?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.