REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I got the front and rear struts from Boston Suspension. 1.5 year ago for my Cadillac Seville STS 1992. I ...
    meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks

I got the front and rear struts from Boston Suspension.
    1.5 year ago for my Cadillac Seville STS 1992.
    I have driven about 10.000 miles, and now they are already broken down.
    So my advice to you all, is NOT buy suspension parts from Boston Suspension.
    It is a complete waste of money for cheap crappy parts.
    And the ride in the 1.5 year was terrible as well.

So now I'm buying expensive original GM suspension parts.
    They give a great ride, and last a lot of years.

wpbrink is offline Cadillac Owners Member

this message is for falconeo or for anyone else: besides strutmasters.com who was the person on ebay that was selling the rear struts for a 97 cadillac deville concour?????? i'm still shopping around online to find replacements for my rear struts..........don't care about the air ride any longer so i would be happy to switch over to just a regular strut and then block out the air signal back to the electronic box.......anyone if you can help i would appreciate it.....thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
    I just put in front passive struts directly from AC/Delco. They come as a kit of 2...my cost was 150....but that's because i get them at cost The rears were already done. Then all you have to do is disable the SRC light, which is REAL easy (no cutting wires) at least the 92 Seville STS. I have the whole TSB of part numbers and such to convert w/ Delco parts and also the TSB to disable the light without replacing modules and such if anyone wants a copy. (I work at a service station)

great information: i have a 1997 cadillac deville concour.......i need to buy 2 rear passive struts......do you have any direct information as to how i could buy them and also i would like the copy of the information you stated about how to disable the light, etc......my email is blacklab2@charter.net thanks wendell brink (vincennes, indiana)

Quote Originally Posted by godunderstand1 View Post
    Hey cal the cop let me know when you find a good suspension system. I got a 97 deville concours and my front struts are done. i want to replace all four so i don't deal with problems in the near future. I'm confused. It seems everyone on this thread has their personal opinions. I just want my caddy to ride like a caddy without dealing with any messages on the dash and my leveling system to work perfect. any insight would be helpfull
    i also have a 97 cadillac deville concour with strut problems in the rear......could you contact me by email so i can talk with you about my caddy........my email is blacklab2@charter.net thanks wendell (indiana)

Chuwee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville 1990

I bought two Monroe Struts from O'Riely for $43 each and two rear air assist shocks for $59 each at Autozone, did I buy the wrong ones? These are suppose to be the exact replacement parts.

caddie shack man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I put the Arnott passive system on my 97 eldo and ran them for two years and loved em. Sold the 97 and bought a 99 STS which obviously needed struts / shocks when I drove it before buying. (negotiated the price accordingly) Went right to Arnott and have them on now but ride is not there yet. Not that concerned about the STS "firmer" ride. Can you mount SLS softer suspension parts on the STS to smooth out the ride?
    I think I have leveling issues as well. Love the car though.. just need to tinker through this. New to the site as well. Awesome!!!

caddie shack man is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New to the site.. this is awesome.. I bought the Arnott passive system for my 97 eldo and they were great. Sold it recently and bought a 99 STS which needed suspension addressed. Went straight to Arnott again but not as happy with this application. Not sure my problems are all struts and shocks. Will be checking compressor and leveling issues but wondering if SLS softer suspension struts / shocks will mount on the STS.

Tommy Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

I too have A 97 Deville Conurs, I replaced the rear struts with struts from Strutmaster.
    Overall I'm Happy.

1badcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94' Seville STS

Wow this thread is old! Anyways I 've read almost every post and there is lots of good info. I want to know a couple things first. Which setup will be best suited for handling with my New Intrax springs because they are a stiff spring with increased spring rate? What else needs to be replaced when it's all apart(sway bar links, strut mounts, strut bearings, bump stops etc..) Are the rear air shocks still available along with passive struts from an aftermarket. I have a decent sized sytem in my trunk soo the air shock might still be needed if I'm rolling with passengers in the back. I tried Bostonsuspension.com but it came up with page not available.

growe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS and 2004 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcaddy View Post
    Wow this thread is old! Anyways I 've read almost every post and there is lots of good info. I want to know a couple things first. Which setup will be best suited for handling with my New Intrax springs because they are a stiff spring with increased spring rate? What else needs to be replaced when it's all apart(sway bar links, strut mounts, strut bearings, bump stops etc..) Are the rear air shocks still available along with passive struts from an aftermarket. I have a decent sized sytem in my trunk soo the air shock might still be needed if I'm rolling with passengers in the back. I tried Bostonsuspension.com but it came up with page not available.
    If your stock rubber is in decent condition, just put them back. Mine were fine at over 125k.

The Arnott shock and struts are passive, with dummy solenoids so you can plug in your wiring harness; no error codes.

The struts are passive, the shocks are passive air shocks; just like stock.

These do a very good job of suspension control.

The link below will take you to my web storage, that has a Power Point Slide Show on my installation.

Arnott Strut and Shocks

-George

1badcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94' Seville STS

Thanx George! That answered all of my question exept no seeing that level sensor rod I want to know how to adjust that for doing a lowering spring install. That is all. Have a nice day and thanx again.

Kelly.bode is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Seville STS

KYB manufactures a replacement strut without the dynamic plug in for the front of a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS. They only cost 145 each Canadian. I installed these myself in about 2 hours including removing the old strut plug in and "fooling" the ride control computer.

chucksrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have a 2004 srx of which we are pleased except for the front suspension very poor upspring resistance cadillac has offered no help and later model srx's have different suspension. i am looking for an after market solution but so far have come up with nothing looking for anyone who has been down this road

4SaleUSA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): esv escalade 2007

60K miles past I have 4 all shocks for exchange. that is why I found this forum because I looking for shocks at least for front but I am not sure which one are recommended.
    So far I found thet dealer sell for about $500 each the DELPHI shocks (original) but like you see they are not good at all if they was good only for 50-60K miles and they are so expensive not worth that money lol.
    I looking for good replacements / after market once if some body can recommend, so far I know someone said he instaled after market shocks in older version 2005 shocks where after 1000 miles light come on that the shocks doesnt hold anaf stability.

I looking for as much best brand are recommended shocks which company designed their shocks especially for escalade and with almost the same manufacturers delphi parameters where sensors will work with shocks as they should.

anybody had same situation please send some info.

growe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS and 2004 DTS

I can highly recommend Arnott shocks. They have 2006 listed, 2007 may be the same. Contact them and see wht they have for your Escalade.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...id6_pid77.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.