REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Cal, Seems like you have a case of MPD? http://cadillacforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=262604 Tom should be arrested for impersonating an officer!...
    maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks

Cal,

Seems like you have a case of MPD?

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=262604

Tom should be arrested for impersonating an officer!

toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Glad you are happy Cal. I could use another fan here. There are a lot of Moneyless idiots out there, that have nothing better to do than sit around the house thinking how to fix their cars with no money, while mom or dad pays for the computer bill. I have had a positive experience from Boston also.

TOM

builtfspd2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac cts-v

cal:

the shocks you ordered allowed the auto leveling ride feature in the rear to work without a problem??

i dont see the luxury version for a 1999 Seville on his website?

i have a 99 SLS and was considering ordering the front struts and rear shock combo but feared that it wouldnt be as good.

Cal the cop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello:

Bostons rear shocks, are air shocks, they do work the same as stock. I would not have bought them if they didn't. My Deville needs air shocks we travel a lot with large loads. It rides awsome, it does need to break in a little, the ride from the luxury kit is nice, not too firm and not too soft, they have a good balance.

Cal

DevilleDad is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Whats the link to Boston suspension? I have to replace my shocks and don't want to spend 265.00 for each from GM...

toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The link for Boston Suspension is www.cadillacstruts.com or www.bostonsuspension.com

TOM

clwoodside is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was looking for passive replacement for the rear shocks on my 98 Seville. Arnott Industries had obtained the remainder of GM's production run and sold me a pair for $299 each. Got the fronts covered on extended warranty. Just thought you might like to know if you want to keep it all GM-Delco.

97 CaddySLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 1997 Seville SLS. I am currently looking into to replacing all 4 struts. I want to have more of a ride of an STS (firm, stiff, better corning, etc) I was looking at the Bostons and the Arnotts. I'm not sure which one to get? Or should I look else where? Could someone please help me out with this problem that faces me? Thanks

Steve

my e mail address is sjm303@psu.edu if you would like to get in contact with me via e mail.

robert graham is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hello, i have a 1999 seville sls, my front struts are shot. can you e-mail part #s and how to fool computer thanks robert graham. e-mail robert24800@msn.com
    ps. for tsb gm pasive front struts

robert graham is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hello. help... i have a 1999 seville sls. if you have part #s and information to install and how to fool computer please e-mail robert24800@msn.com need struts and shocks
    thanks r.g.

adropp692000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I luv my caddy but why in the hell didn't they put better struts in these things? I had a bloody toyota with struts in it that were still working fine at over 300,000 miles. I'm having to replace the GM struts at 100k. Maybe this is why they're cutting jobs and trying to back out of promises made to the last generation of workers, building crap and wanting top dollar for it........ Go to this link and you may be able to get some great information on passive strut replacement.

http://www.rockauto.com/ref/Monroe/AppendixA.html

Dr.A is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 1988 Eldorado and just found out today I need new rear struts on it. I also found out the price!! The car is 17 years old and I would really like to go ahead and make the repairs, but didn't want to spend that kind of money right now. Any suggestions on alternatives? Please email me/post your anwer. Thanks in advance

eldorado1973 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): -97 Seville, -73 Eldorado cabriolet

I just ordered rear shocks from Boston Suspension. I am from Finland but Dennis promissed to send it me! Lets see, my car is jelly....and too low rider.

eldorado1973 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): -97 Seville, -73 Eldorado cabriolet

Now my Seville -97 it is great!

Telegent is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks

I hope you don't think me boarish for resurrecting this lengthy thread, but I'm a fairly new '96 SLS owner with a few questions. It was my father-in-law's car who was forced to stop driving due to illness. I bought it last may with 59K on it and it now has 66K. Roomy, comfy, and not that much slower than my '90 Vette with a 6 speed. In short, it's probably the nicest car I've owned. Let me preface by saying that I drive limousines part-time and therefore drive alot of high end vehicles, stock and stretched, including Town Cars, Chrysler 300C, Escalade, H2, Navigator, etc. I think this has made me a bit of a ride snob...maybe that's why I just sold the Vette!

No codes on the OBD. Slight "creek" from the front right strut, no noise front or rear on bumps or rough road, car has a bit more "float" than I like after hitting a slow roller at highway speeds, definitely more than 1 rebound. Washboard roads still feel pretty good. Does any of this indicate new struts and/or shocks are in order? I think I'd replace all 4 at once in any event just to keep the system either active or passive. That being said...

I've heard opinions on Arnott vs. Boston, but what about ride characteristics and something of an objective review? Anyone seen any comparisons? Pros and cons of each, traits, etc. With Boston, how about standard vs. the luxury version? I've read this thread, and others, with fascination and appreciation, but I have to believe there are others looking for the same info I am.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.