REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does these kits lower the car? I have a -94 STS with bouncy ride, great car othervise. LV...
    RedEnuf93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks

Does these kits lower the car?

I have a -94 STS with bouncy ride, great car othervise.

LV

Caddyman101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ordered a full kit for my 1994 STS from Arnott Inc. They people were very helpful and knowledgeable. I installed last week. Car rides great. I am very satisfied with there products and service. I would definitely recommend there strut kits to anyone. The struts plug right in my system. No more "Service Suspension System" on my dash. Finally a good product. Highly recommend getting an alignment after installing the new struts.

James Calmat

HDParts1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: REVIEWS - Strutmaster Passive Replacement Shocks

Hi, I'm new here & this is my first post. I hope I'm in the right spot. I purchased the 4 wheel passive kit from "Boston Suspension" for my 93 STS. I just installed the front struts today & I'm getting the front end aligned in the morning. I will update this post after driving home from the alignment shop. Thank you.

TryMe96Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS (220K+)

Im looking into getting a 96'-97' seville so Im reading up as much as I can find here. But seems many of you are not even at 100k and needing strut replacement, is that common? That seems soon to me to be replacing struts, and concerns me cause Im looking at caddys with that kind of mileage.

JUELZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

any one else????????? i bought the passive replacement struts and that is great and they have excellent customer service but that's not the problem. my problem now is that the springs shift slightly when i turn the steering wheel from left to right and viceversa could it be that my springs are worn out? Is there something loose (maybe the center big nut)? upper mount worn? please help me with any ideas

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Did you replace your strut mounts and rubber components like that????

JUELZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Did you replace your strut mounts and rubber components like that????
    what exactly do you mean like what????????

darylmex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: REVIEWS - Strut master Passive Replacement Shocks

I'll bet a dollar to a dough-nut those back shocks are Gabriel's and if the secret number gets out strut-masters will drop about half price. I can get the fronts at auto-zone for around 43 per all I need is the part # for the rear.

blocker11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

How about letting the rest of us know the Auto Zone part number? I've been trying to figure it out for about 3 months now.

Also, did you do anything to suppress the ride control messages??

PhillyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

I am also looking at replacing all 4 on my 94 sls. I am looking into strut masters but if there is something I should know about like a little secret # well it might make it easy for me.
    any info would help.
    also how about the ride control messages!!

pimpjuice01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 STS N*

I had front struts that were completely gone. I ordered a set from Arnott Industries with air shipping to Canada and it came out to around 450$. Delivery was very quick, and the ride is PERFECT. I went from hatting to loving my car, I'd recommend them to anyone

51magnum is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sorry but I have to post a VERY, VERY negative post about ARNOTT. I ordered a set of struts for the front of my 94 STS. After about 1 week of driving I noticed a loud clunking noise coming from the front. To make a long story short I found leaking fluid from the left front strut. So I talked with ARNOTT and they made me pay $150 for a new strut and they told me they would credit me when they tested the old strut. Well they tested it and determined the hydraulics failed. That was two weeks ago and I am still waiting for my $150 credit.

This is not the BAD part. I asked about some type of compensation on an alignment and the lady got really mad at me and hung up the phone. I know we can all get upset but I honestly was being really nice and was not trying to offend anyone. I called back to talk to someone and got her husband who also hung up on me. I also tried to talk to them about the 90 day money back guarantee. Both people told me the 90 days were up and they would not give me my money back. Of course it was passed 90 days but I contacted them about the leaking strut within the 90 day time table.

To be totally fair I just received two new struts from ARNOTT (which are made in China). I guess I just have to live with the new struts.

Anyway, I just wanted to say stay away from ARNOTT their customer service is horrible and I feel I got screwed.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

So what do I replace? Just the shocks? Just the struts? or both? Am I right sayin that I just have to replace the shocks with the new passive ones and leave the struts alone?

growe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS and 2004 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by majax
    So what do I replace? Just the shocks? Just the struts? or both? Am I right sayin that I just have to replace the shocks with the new passive ones and leave the struts alone?
    You can replace either the shocks or the struts, or all of them. Just be sure to do them in pairs, never just one item.

The Arnott shocks and struts have a solenoid that is attached just like the original shocks and struts, it just doesn't do anything except give the computer a connection, so you do not get any error codes.

-George

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Cool, well my struts are good(i think) so all I need are the new shocks then I guess.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.