Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Need to see if my shocks/struts are ok - what is the correct ride height of deville?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RAMAIR57 
#1 ·
I just picked up my 92 deville with 125K. I notice that on some older cars (and a few devilles Ive seen), the back end seems to slouch like there are 10 bodies in the trunk, lol. I assume its from bad suspension componenets. Anyway, I suppose the only way to check to see if my shocks/struts are top notch is to check that the ride height is the same (from the top point of the chrome strip over the wheel-well to the ground). Problem is, it seems that the rear lip is cut lower than the front one, which would make it seem like the rear is lower if I measure it. Can you guys give me the correct ride height for the front and rear, or suggest some other way to check to see if my shocks/struts are perfect? By the way, why do some of the older devilles have that dropping rear look like there are 10 people in the backseat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.