'99 Eldorado with loose rear suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, '99 Eldorado with loose rear suspension in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My 1999 Eldorado ETC gets very loose when I hit a bump. I feel like I might lose control - ...
    muppie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'99 Eldorado with loose rear suspension

My 1999 Eldorado ETC gets very loose when I hit a bump. I feel like I might lose control - I nver do - but it just feels loose. Could it be my rear struts? If so, where can I find some reasonably priced parts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RickTheRuler727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: '99 Eldorado with loose rear suspension

Do you still have the stock size tires on? I have the same problem , but it's due to the wider tires.

muppie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler727
    Do you still have the stock size tires on? I have the same problem , but it's due to the wider tires.
    Thanks for your quick reply! I still have the stock size tires. Can you think of anything else that might cause my problem? And just curious - why do your wider tires make the rear loose?

RickTheRuler727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by muppie
    Thanks for your quick reply! I still have the stock size tires. Can you think of anything else that might cause my problem? And just curious - why do your wider tires make the rear loose?

The wider tire makes it feel more jumpy or darty than actually loose. I dont know why this happens. It could be because I didn't do any other suspension work to accomodate the wider tire, but they look good and thats all that matters rite? Just kiddin, but the rims are coming off for winter and the ride will be back to normal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.