Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, I am not sure how much the CVRSS system changed between 2000 and 1997. I would suspect that the ...
    maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message

Hello,

I am not sure how much the CVRSS system changed between 2000 and 1997. I would suspect that the resistor trick should work. To be sure, try to locate a copy of the service manual and go to the troubleshoot section for the CVRSS struts. An acceptable range of resistance values should be in the table. Alternately, you could disconnect one of the struts and use a multimeter to measure the resistance directly.

If the resistance is ~12 ohms, chances are it will work. At least it shouldn't do any damage. If the number is significantly different - all bets are off.

tsmithlxix is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks a lot, May Dog. I ordered the resistors yesterday, so I'm going to give it a shot. From there, I guess I'll find out if: the position sensors will cause the system to look for different resistance values based on movement, the rear seeks the same resistance value at the same height, etc. Basically, I want the car to think it's always on a perfectly flat surface and remains happy with that. I'm no hotrodder but "Speed Limited To 90 MPH" just doesn't work for me. )

Quote Originally Posted by maydog
    Hello,

I am not sure how much the CVRSS system changed between 2000 and 1997. I would suspect that the resistor trick should work. To be sure, try to locate a copy of the service manual and go to the troubleshoot section for the CVRSS struts. An acceptable range of resistance values should be in the table. Alternately, you could disconnect one of the struts and use a multimeter to measure the resistance directly.

If the resistance is ~12 ohms, chances are it will work. At least it shouldn't do any damage. If the number is significantly different - all bets are off.

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just a sec, are you having a problem with the strut "sensors" or the ride height sensors? I had assumed that you were asking about the strut sensors. The ride height sensors are a different animal. You can fool it by feeding a 2.5volt signal info the sense line. Just divide the 8v regulated supply or use a zener as some other folks have.

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by T-Double
    Yea i was wondering how much the air pump for the air ride would cost on a 92 cadillac seville because mine makes funny noises and i was wondering how i can get that fixed cuz it's really loud and yea idk what to do. So if you could send me a message back i would appreciate it.
    What do you mean under "funny noises"? It’s possible all right. Every time in ~ 20 sec after you turn on the key, RSS make self diagnostic and you SHOULD hear air compressor running for about a sec, and then you SHOULD hear air exhaust when it opens valve. No point to change air compressor if you hear all that.

rdb52054 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please send me the PDF's

tsmithlxix is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks, again, Maydog. I was talking about the strut sensors but I'll keep the ride height work-around in mind also. I got the resistors for the struts a few weeks ago, just haven't had time to try it out. When I finally get my procrastinating ass around to doing it, I'll post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by maydog
    Just a sec, are you having a problem with the strut "sensors" or the ride height sensors? I had assumed that you were asking about the strut sensors. The ride height sensors are a different animal. You can fool it by feeding a 2.5volt signal info the sense line. Just divide the 8v regulated supply or use a zener as some other folks have.

pjohnson6214 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the "service ride control" message + code I039. I have found Boston Struts on the web and they say they have a fix. Can anyone advise on this or has anyone used these products.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

i used the product , its ok ...what year car do you have ?

ahanash is offline Cadillac Owners Member

A year ago I had bought all four shocks and struts for my 95 sedan deville. four months after installing the front struts, they were very harsh, it caused the radiator and other parts to break. I call Denis of Boston, he advised me to buy new softer springs for my front struts, the ride got better for the first three months, now, it's harsh again, but not as before.

Cadillac dealers sell shocks and struts that are not expensive and for the same price as what Boston is selling, you might want to check with them first. do not rush and get boston, I have no problem with the air shocks.

Dr.BOB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

this link does not work,,is there another 1 or can anyone tell me what it is?
    Thanks,
    Bill P.

Dr.BOB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

this link doesnt work! Is there one that does?[QUOTE=kdybread]
    Quote Originally Posted by custom-uniforms
    Hello everybody,

Check out and print the by-pass solution found at http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/disable.htm

It says only to do this when switching to non electric struts but if you feel your original struts are OK it still works and you can keep your original ones.

do you have a link that talks about a 1995 SLS?

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

You know I've read this post from beginning to end and I still do not see a clear cut procedure to fix this error message on the screen. Bypassing relays to adding resistors to changing struts. Has anybody actually fixed the problem on the 4.9L engines?

jdana29 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 91 Coup Deville with 21300 miles. I have not liked the ride since day one. So while at the dealer about 3 yrs ago I mentioned this during a routine checkup. The service manger (Kuni Cadillac Portland ,OR) said we can re-program that for you!!! Best thing I ever did. Now I on the high setting all the time,,,yet it still keeps all height adjustments etc. I told the service manger that I had no idea why anyone would want those two other settings. He agreed,,,but said women love it.

nwind is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 El Dorado

My 1992 El Dorado (not Northstar) is also displaying this message. If the ride, which absolutely wallows, is any indication it may be that the struts are worn out. The car has a little over 100K mile on crummy roads. Does the solution of replacing the struts with static ones apply to this car? If so, could someone make a recommendation on the best ones that won't land me in bankruptcy court?
    Thanks!

demjjm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade

On my 02 Escalde, I had the rear dropped 3 inches and the front 2. I did this a few years ago and was told that there was a work around for the service ride control light. After about 8 months, of hearing about this fix, and this new product, I said screw it and went back to the stock ride height with stock suspension because nothing worked. Now this is a bit different than your situation, but it was a process that I wish upon NO ONE!

I know GM did not have a buypass, I know no one locally could beat the system, and I know we tried a few different products with no luck. I do not know how much things have changed since this was back in 03, but it sucked. Every so often the light comes back on, but after I shut the car off, it resets itself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.