Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; There is a procedure to disable the sss module, but only in non-northstar applications. I'm sure one of these more ...
    mastertech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message

There is a procedure to disable the sss module, but only in non-northstar applications.
    I'm sure one of these more studied members have a link to the process, which involves wiring a relay in to trick the computer. If you can't find it, I will try to locate the exact procedure and put it here! Good Luck!

astribli is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 93 Seville STS with the 4.6 Northstar engine. Am converting to passive struts.

How do I disable the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message?

The links in this and other threads don't address the 93 STS with the 4.6L Northstar. They seem to be for other models, only 4.9L engines, or different years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Justpimpin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi everyone, I have a 92 Eldorado and I'm getting a code 84 message concerning the suspension. Does any of this info here apply for my car?? I'm also hearing a clunking under the hood when I start the car and I think it's the suspension air pump. Are these rebuildable or does anyone have any suggestions. I'm very mechanically inclined and can tacle most tasks but I wanted to get some direction and perspectives first.

Thanks in advance

Fred_N9TA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi Gang

I just bought a 1993 STS with the Northstar engine. It has the "Service Ride Control" message on the electronic dash. After having read through all the posts on this topic, I am now thoroughly confused! I am an electronics tech and am un-afraid of working on the car......but now I'm not sure which....if any of the posts I've read actually refer to my type of vehicle. Can anyone clarify the situation for me??

Fred_N9TA

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Fred_N9TA
    Hi Gang

I just bought a 1993 STS with the Northstar engine. It has the "Service Ride Control" message on the electronic dash. After having read through all the posts on this topic, I am now thoroughly confused! I am an electronics tech and am un-afraid of working on the car......but now I'm not sure which....if any of the posts I've read actually refer to my type of vehicle. Can anyone clarify the situation for me??

Fred_N9TA
    At first you gotta check the history codes and then you can try to find a cause of "Service Ride Control" message. I posted some links to diagnostic tree above related to that problem. I guess it was about code P061 (RF wheel related) or something like that.

astribli is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lets all assume the old SS struts were replaced. How do you disable the message on the 93 STS with Northstar engine? Any suggestions?

Also, my mechanic tells me this model does NOT use the type of struts that have three positions and two wires going to a solenoid to control the orifice. It has a continuously adjustable motor with three wires going to it. I tell you this because the method of placing a resistor where the old strut was will not work on this three wire motor driven version.

mastertech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There is currently no procedure to disable the service ride control message on Northstar vehicles!

toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hi:

I beg to differ with you on the the "currently is no way to disable the service ride message on the northstar engines", I have a 1996 Seville and a 99 Deville both with northstar engines both with a Boston kit and both have bypasses that work perfectly. By the way I do not work for Boston Susp.TOM

helllznitemare is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had this same problem with my escalde it basically means for ur air suspension the air compresor which pumps the air in the suspension ir broken. the car u have is a little older so they might not have the part in stock but what u need is a new air compressor and then when they install that u need to ask them to reprogram ur computer or whatever u wanna call the little screen which shows u everthin. i think that should work

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

for most 92 thru 96 models you can find out if your air pump still works by going to the dash board and pressing and holding the fan power up button and the off button untill the instrument cluster lights up and starts doing its code thing... finally when it reaches PCM? you go down the menu by pressing the fan power down button untill you reach RSS?, press the fan power up button to select it and the fan power down button again untill you reach RSS OUTPUTS?, press the fan power up button to select that, then press the fan power down button untill you reach PO08 and dont press anything when it says this... you should hear the air pump alternate on and off, you can do this with any of the codes in that menu to see if the valves work also.... Well thats how it is on my 94 eldo with 4.6 liter northstar anyway... this also helps a lot when you want to find leaks in the system.

maddios is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My seville has the same problem, and diagnosing the ESSC module revealed that the left rear shock isn't working right. but it works fine otherwise just not the hard/soft switch so i'd lke to just shut the error msg up

i read on some post that you cut the pink wire and put a relay on it. But i forget what exactly was involved... Is the idea here to put a +12v on the pink wire once the ign is hot?

as i remember you'd hook up constant + to pink through relay, and ign+ to the coil powerup right?

thanks guys, this msg is so annoying
    Gene

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You may want to check the suspension How-To section of www.caddyinfo.com. Bruce has put up a nice description of the bypass procedure.

agood1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can't get this link above to work...I read the one above that and it does not apply to my year vechicle. I am trying to disable the service suspension light on my 98 seville because I installed passive struts on the front...is there somewhere I can find this information?
    Thanks

T-Double is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yea i was wondering how much the air pump for the air ride would cost on a 92 cadillac seville because mine makes funny noises and i was wondering how i can get that fixed cuz it's really loud and yea idk what to do. So if you could send me a message back i would appreciate it.

tsmithlxix is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello, all. I've searched all over this site and I still don't see any definitive answer to my particular question. I have replaced the active struts on my 2000 DTS. I don't have a module to trick the computer so I receive the "Speed Limited To 90 MPH" message. Is there a way to build a module (resistors, relays, whatever) to be rid of this message? I've seen d.i.y. bypasses for the front of '97 Sevilles, etc, but never anything 2000 and beyond. If something is available, I was wondering if it would also work in the rear, or would the rear use a different resistor value? Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.