Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; logan , if you were a woman id drivce up and kiss ya saved me alot of greif on this ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message

logan , if you were a woman id drivce up and kiss ya

saved me alot of greif on this one

apprenbtly i have code 23 (lf strut) 25 (rf strut) and 26 (rr strut)

time to go passive

michiganblkman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville

I have a similar problem as one of the members posted a few months ago.

My caddy is a 94 deville, 111k miles

My errors are "Service Ride control" and my error codes are as follows

I039
    I052
    PCM?

Exactly like the member named "scoffman"

Do you know by chance what his resolution was for this problem?

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S

The IO39 is telling you the ride system has detected a problem. You will have to go to the actual module to flash the ride codes.

PO52 is a memory reset. This code can happen if the battery is disconnected. Ignore.

'PCM?' ....it appears you have gone into the cluster diagnostics. PCM? is asking if you want to display the PCM data on the cluster. Its part of the diagnostics mode. Ignore.

Logan
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.logandiagnostic.com

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S

IO52....basically the same as a PO52.

jortega3333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logandiagnostic
    The IO39 is telling you the ride system has detected a problem. You will have to go to the actual module to flash the ride codes.

PO52 is a memory reset. This code can happen if the battery is disconnected. Ignore.

'PCM?' ....it appears you have gone into the cluster diagnostics. PCM? is asking if you want to display the PCM data on the cluster. Its part of the diagnostics mode. Ignore.

Logan
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.logandiagnostic.com
    I have a 94 STS and have been trying to follow this thread and am having the same I039 problem. I have already went to the passive system from Boston Suspension and installed their modules at the wheels that is suppoised to fool the system. That however did not work. After that I was told that by editing the computer at the IPC override level, I could change the setting at IS08 from 008 to 000 and that would turn that SRC off. That has not worked 100% either as the SRC comes on when the car is sitting still and goes off when I start driving again. My question is does this relay solution and diagnostic thing with a paperclip work for a 94 STS, and if so, where is this module and what does it look like. I saw nothing that had a window or led on it in the trunk. Do I need to find the connector under the drivers side dash area and go that route as suggested earlier? Any other ideas to turn that message off? I have no other error messages displayed in current or history.
    Thanks for your help!

most of us deville guys have our modules in the trunk , there mounted to the back of the rear seat behind a carpet panel witht he suspesnion being almost all the way to the passenger side , we take the panel out to gain acess to the modules (theres a pass key and a couple other modules in adittion to the suspseion module) our suspension modules are held in by two 7mm screws , window can be seen clearly once the module is unbolted

First do the rear seats fold down in a STS ? if so im clueless on where it would be

im pretty sure the systems are similar as im told devilles of the same time were basicly streched Sevilles . But then again i wonder as you have a 94 STS which if memory serves has a northstar . Northstar devilles (concourse) had a diffrent suspesion system than a standard 4.9 litre deville , either because of the concourse package and being the top of the line model in the deville lineup , your sts is the top of the line in the seville lineup so maybe it got the other suspension

probably gave you more questions than awsners , ive never sat in or looked at a STS , hopefully logan or a seville/sts expert can help

jortega3333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    most of us deville guys have our modules in the trunk , there mounted to the back of the rear seat behind a carpet panel witht he suspesnion being almost all the way to the passenger side , we take the panel out to gain acess to the modules (theres a pass key and a couple other modules in adittion to the suspseion module) our suspension modules are held in by two 7mm screws , window can be seen clearly once the module is unbolted

First do the rear seats fold down in a STS ? if so im clueless on where it would be

im pretty sure the systems are similar as im told devilles of the same time were basicly streched Sevilles . But then again i wonder as you have a 94 STS which if memory serves has a northstar . Northstar devilles (concourse) had a diffrent suspesion system than a standard 4.9 litre deville , either because of the concourse package and being the top of the line model in the deville lineup , your sts is the top of the line in the seville lineup so maybe it got the other suspension

probably gave you more questions than awsners , ive never sat in or looked at a STS , hopefully logan or a seville/sts expert can help
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I am out of town right now and dont have access to the Caddy. I do not have the fold down rear seat, but can remove the back pretty easily to look for the module you have indicated.
    It does have the northstar, and I will look when I get home on Thursday. I am hoping someone has an idea on how to disable this message. Maybe I have a module that is bad as well and it has nothing to do with the new passive system. I must say these shocks and struts are a great ride, now if I can just get rid of the idiot message!

there is this too :
    http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm

only good to 93 seville , but the idea is on how to get a resistor in the circuit to trick the module into thinking everything is great in the world

tsmithlxix is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I guess I need to go ahead and get in on this. Soon I will be replacing the struts on a 2000 Deville (DTS). Are there any methods of tricking the computer in the new Deville into thinking that the struts are still hooked up?

kdybread is offline Cadillac Owners Member

[QUOTE=custom-uniforms]Hello everybody,

Check out and print the by-pass solution found at http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/disable.htm

It says only to do this when switching to non electric struts but if you feel your original struts are OK it still works and you can keep your original ones.

do you have a link that talks about a 1995 SLS?

windows1001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

just bought a 96 deville, great car very clean one owner, elderly man passed away only 59,000 mi, everything works except occasionally the "service ride control" lights up on the dash. it rides fine, takes the bumps good. doesn't dip in turns or sudden stops. i read someone on here said they held in the climate control red button in to get code readings? is that true? i tried it and didn't get anything. how serious is this problem? i called a local caddy dealer and they told me it was not a safety issue and to bring it in when i could. thanks for any help art from jackson

hold "off" and "warmer" (that red button)

see what codes you get , i belive the 96 got a diffrent setup than the 94-95 units , might be a cheaper or easier fix

when you get the codes post up here . well figure her out for you

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have "service ride control" more than 4 years and don't care too much. When I'll get a time I'll fix it. I believe the most of the cars have this problem. Yeah, it's annoing, when you'd like your car to be perfect.

windows1001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    hold "off" and "warmer" (that red button)

see what codes you get , i belive the 96 got a diffrent setup than the 94-95 units , might be a cheaper or easier fix

when you get the codes post up here . well figure her out for you
    OK I GOT THE CODES, 1. PC 1406 HISTORY 2. RS0012 HISTORY 3. PCM?
    DO THESE MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? A DEALER TOLD ME TODAY (JUST CONVERSATION DID NOT TAKE IT IN) THAT IT MIGHT BE REAR SHOCKS, THEY DO SEEM PRETTY BOUCEY. 1996 DEVILLE THANKS, ART

P1406 - EGR Valve Pintle Position Circuit (do a search on this , this is a hot topic with the northstar folks)

your RS0012 code being history isnt something to worry about , probabaly a loose/dirty connection but where i cant say as i dont have any "RS" codes to look at , all i know is the "RS" perfix is the suspension system , id start by checking each connector at each strut and shock , i belive 0012 has to do with one of the front struts but im not sure without my code definitions with me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.