Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I retyped from hard copies, created 3 pdf file with scheme and trouble tree (for code S061). I can send ...
    oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Speed Sensitive Suspension and the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message

I retyped from hard copies, created 3 pdf file with scheme and trouble tree (for code S061). I can send it to mail address (I just don't know how to post these files on the forum).
    I tried to create files as close as possible to the originals.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

DUDE! your the man ...ill send you a pm with my e mail info

84ENS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Great! I will also PM you with my info. Thanks for thinking of us.

oldgamer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ok. Now I store the files on a WEB:

http://www.bronfman.homestead.com/fi...BLE_TREE_1.pdf
    http://www.bronfman.homestead.com/fi...BLE_TREE_2.pdf
    http://www.bronfman.homestead.com/fi...BLE_TREE_3.pdf

I wish to have trouble trees like this for all other sensor related problems.

0cP
    0cP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same problem as you guys and it feels to me like my struts are ALWAYS soft anyway I can force them to stay FIRM and then just disable the "service ride control" read out like in the above post?

2dfx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac DeVille

CONSIDER MYSELF SIGNED ON.

I also have a 94 DeVille, with the same problem, but I am not satisfied with the solution of the system bypass.

where you been dfx?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    where you been dfx?
    I left this community when I realized I had no chance of becoming a mod here...and when people without even 20 posts were being promoted first.

I said forget it, and headed to greener pastures so to speak.

i see , i hear you on the mod bit , dont feel bad i havent been tagged for duty either....i have my notions on how people become a mod but im not gonna go there

i usuly voulnteer in every forum to be a mod to "help out" , not once have i heard anything back (i think ive been on 6 or 7 forums now with a combined 3000 posts)... i guess it has something to do with how people say "i keep it real"

Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

WAS INCORRECT ON MY ORIGINAL POST I EDITED AND FIXED THE TERMINAL LOCATIONS

I have the same problem with a Service SSS light also on my Cadillac. I work at a mechanic shop and have access to the all data mechanic aid program, and let me say its a big help. If you have a paper clip you can read the diagnostic code numbers and if you want I will look them up and give you the diagnostic procedure you can use. Take the paper clip and make it in the shape of a U. Then under the middle of your front passenger compartment under the radio by where your feet go you will see a large 12 pin connector. I know its on the LEFT side of the connector, TOWARD THE DRIVER'S SIDE, but i'm not sure if its the top or the bottom portion since its pretty much like this

......|......
    .OOOOOO
    .OOOOOO
    |--------|
    but you have to stick the paper clip in either these two holes (marked as x's)

......|...... <-- that is the top marker tab for connector position
    .OOOXOX
    .OOOOOO
    |---------|
    BE CAREFUL CAUSE WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE CONNECTOR ITS UPSIDE DOWN
    SO POSITION THE PAPER ACCORDINGLY TO MATCH UP

Its pins A and C according to the ALL data Program if that helps
    Now you turn the key to the on position (with out starting) all the dashboard lights will display including the service sss light. you know you picked the right pins when after the light goes out it begins to flash
    it will flash once then pause a second and then flash twice together (this signifies a #12 code which means it is entering diagnostic) three times before displaying the actual trouble code. So you pretty much understand how you would read the codes after the three 12's that will flash out.. then you will get the codes listed. I got a code 24 on my car 2 quick flashes one second pause then 4 quick flashes. It will do each code three times before displaying the next. When it does the 12 code again that means it finished the code list and will start again.
    email me at dzisblatt@si.rr.com and I would be glad to help in any way I can

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe
    WAS INCORRECT ON MY ORIGINAL POST I EDITED AND FIXED THE TERMINAL LOCATIONS

I have the same problem with a Service SSS light also on my Cadillac. I work at a mechanic shop and have access to the all data mechanic aid program, and let me say its a big help. If you have a paper clip you can read the diagnostic code numbers and if you want I will look them up and give you the diagnostic procedure you can use. Take the paper clip and make it in the shape of a U. Then under the middle of your front passenger compartment under the radio by where your feet go you will see a large 12 pin connector. I know its on the LEFT side of the connector, TOWARD THE DRIVER'S SIDE, but i'm not sure if its the top or the bottom portion since its pretty much like this

......|......
    .OOOOOO
    .OOOOOO
    |--------|
    but you have to stick the paper clip in either these two holes (marked as x's)

......|...... <-- that is the top marker tab for connector position
    .OOOXOX
    .OOOOOO
    |---------|
    BE CAREFUL CAUSE WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE CONNECTOR ITS UPSIDE DOWN
    SO POSITION THE PAPER ACCORDINGLY TO MATCH UP

Its pins A and C according to the ALL data Program if that helps
    Now you turn the key to the on position (with out starting) all the dashboard lights will display including the service sss light. you know you picked the right pins when after the light goes out it begins to flash
    it will flash once then pause a second and then flash twice together (this signifies a #12 code which means it is entering diagnostic) three times before displaying the actual trouble code. So you pretty much understand how you would read the codes after the three 12's that will flash out.. then you will get the codes listed. I got a code 24 on my car 2 quick flashes one second pause then 4 quick flashes. It will do each code three times before displaying the next. When it does the 12 code again that means it finished the code list and will start again.
    email me at dzisblatt@si.rr.com and I would be glad to help in any way I can
    The problem with this procedure is that it only works on 93 and lower caddies. That's why they created the new IPC with the OBD system in the IPC, so you don't have to short anything and read the codes off the dash.

Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ya if you guys have newer ones. However, even the 92 sevilles have the new IPC. Press and hold the off and warmer buttons on the climate control to read codes off of it. I believe the "I" codes are the suspension ones. If they don't list then you have to use the conventional method I posted before. Sorry man you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe
    Ya if you guys have newer ones. However, even the 92 sevilles have the new IPC. Press and hold the off and warmer buttons on the climate control to read codes off of it. I believe the "I" codes are the suspension ones. If they don't list then you have to use the conventional method I posted before. Sorry man you are right
    The I codes are IPC/Electronic computer related. 'S' codes are specfically related to suspension.

IE - I039 = Loss of RSS Data possibly meaning the ESC module has gone kaput.

"ESC module has gone kaput."

or at least thats the current theroy , im gonna locate a good one to install before my rss amputition

or do you know something i dont ? if so im all ears (or eyes in this case)

unforetunalty im thinking i will need struts , im getting a wicked rebound lately

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    "ESC module has gone kaput."

or at least thats the current theroy , im gonna locate a good one to install before my rss amputition

or do you know something i dont ? if so im all ears (or eyes in this case)

unforetunalty im thinking i will need struts , im getting a wicked rebound lately
    The ride on mine is far too bouncy as I noted awhile back saying I could do fake hydraulics just by hammering the brake.

My father and I have agreed upon replacing the now dead GM sturts with some top of the line Monroe ones that will essentially turn the thing into the handling of the STS. No more bounce, but quite frankly stoneage i'm sick of the body roll when turning corners or when the nose dips when I brake or when it bottoms out when going over speedbumps.

Frankly I think this I039 bullshit is purely electronics - ESC module or related connectors and/or wiring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.