Inventive Rear Shocks
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Inventive Rear Shocks in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; We need a market for raising our rear ends. I see so many Cadillacs riding around with bad rear shocks. ...
    jonwayneanstey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Inventive Rear Shocks

We need a market for raising our rear ends. I see so many Cadillacs riding around with bad rear shocks. It's getting almost as bad as all the Lincolns. Maybe there's just a lot of people riding around with bodys in there big bodies, I don't know. But to get to it my 91 Sedan DeVille was doing the same thing. I bought new air shocks for it but they didnt go to the level I wanted. They just made the ride level. I don't know if it's just me (and now my buddys) but I think a Cadillac looks awesome with the rear end up real high. I have thought of a way to build an object that would be easy to make and would raise the rear end up. It would be easy to install to. I dont know how to weld though. I'm not gonna reveal what the idea is though because I'm thinking I could make some money off this.

Another thing to easy thing to do to raise the back end on one of these Cadillacs that doesn't have adjustable shocks on the market for itis this. I cut the factory lines that hook up to the shocks. I then bought some tubing and some hose clamps. I bought a T air valve that came with some line. I connected the facory lines with the lines that came with the T valve by sticking them in the ends of the hose that I bought and used the hose clamps to seal them. Overnight they still go low again though but when I fill it up I get compliments for the rest of the day wherever I go.

The downfalls r that the back wheels fold bottom inwards a little because of the independant suspension and it rides like a freakin Ford truck when they're full. It wouldnt ride like that with my other idea though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jonwayneanstey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Inventive Rear Shocks

If anyone can weld and make custom stuff I think there would be a bunch of people buying them. My email address is jboyanstey@tmail.com. Hit me up if ur interested in this project. We could sell them on ebay or make flyers and keep them in the car with us to sell them whenever we see a Cadillac in need. With these brackets u could raise the back end easily and without messing up the shock absorption at all.

This idea is way better than my idea to bust sideview mirrors all over town and start a sideview mirror business.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Re: Inventive Rear Shocks

Thank God for capitalism based on free enterprise in America. Good ideas flourish and bad ones go defunct!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.