Help please: Need shock absorbers for '98 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Help please: Need shock absorbers for '98 STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi all, New here as I am helping my brother (in Mexico) get the shock absorbers for his 98 Cadillac ...
    pepevela is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HElp pls: Need shock absorbers for 98 Cadillac Seville STS

Hi all,

New here as I am helping my brother (in Mexico) get the shock absorbers for his 98 Cadillac Seville STS.

Can anybody please tell me some places to check for good used parts?

Would I need to have the VIN in case they have different shocks for different VINs?

Any other suggestion will be welcome as he really needs to get this car fixed before he comes to visit me hopefully by Xmas.

If possible please reply to my email but I will try to check this forum later.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: HElp pls: Need shock absorbers for 98 Cadillac Seville STS

Please search the forums for PASSIVE STRUTS.... It seems as if KYB makes a good set.....

pepevela is offline Cadillac Owners Member

PASSIVE?

I believe this car has the kind that have the electronic adjustment???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Please search the forums for PASSIVE STRUTS.... It seems as if KYB makes a good set.....

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Yes, they do... However, most here feel it is best to "upgrade" to the passive struts.... usually the active (stock) struts are really expensive..... Plus, the passive ones dont seem to have any negative things to handling or ride.....

stswillie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by pepevela
    Hi all,

New here as I am helping my brother (in Mexico) get the shock absorbers for his 98 Cadillac Seville STS.

Can anybody please tell me some places to check for good used parts?

Would I need to have the VIN in case they have different shocks for different VINs?

Any other suggestion will be welcome as he really needs to get this car fixed before he comes to visit me hopefully by Xmas.

If possible please reply to my email but I will try to check this forum later.

Thanks!
    Hello, this is a shot in the dark but I live in Nothern California and I have a couple good Cady only salvage yards near by. One guy quoted me $250 a side for shocks that would cost $500 new. This was for my 96 STS. His parts seem pretty nice and he seemed like a good guy. If you are interested I could get you the phone number(s) I am guesing that if you payed be credit card they might ship them to you. Let me know.

Will
    fastseal75@hotmail.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.