New Brakes Installed on my '98 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, New Brakes Installed on my '98 STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I ordered a new set of EBC Green Stuff pads and Power Slot rotors. Well, the rotors came in today ...
    speedyman_2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS

New Brakes Installed on my '98 STS

I ordered a new set of EBC Green Stuff pads and Power Slot rotors.
    Well, the rotors came in today and I already had the EBC pads at home. Put them on in no time and well, they work great. I should've never bought those cheap rotors from Ebay. Oh well. These new Power Slot rotors are great. No suprises this time. A slight squeel later on but I think It might be ok. I did have one problem with one of the smal metal clips on the caliper mounts. Rattle clip or something?? A portion got bent and was scraping the rotor. No problem, just bent it back and everything was good to go. Here's the pics. I knew the pad were bad, but I didn't know they were this bad. I also noticed that the Passenger side pads were almost completely gone. While the Driver side had about an 1/8th of an inch left. The pads pictured are the Passenger side. I didn't get any of the Driver's side. What would cause a difference in wear like this??

Old brakes:

New Brakes :

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: New Brakes Installed on my '98 STS

Very nice! That's exactly what I did to my 2000 STS about a year ago. I regret buying those cheap Chinese rotors as well! They warped real quick, and I had them resurfaced, and not even 5,000 miles later they warped again! When I did replace them with some Power Slots like yours, I noticed the old rotors had some cracks on some of the drilled vent holes.
    I also painted my calipers blue using a paint kit from Eastwood. It was around $30, and makes the whole thing look much better! The rusty calipers don't look too good with all the nice new parts!
    I've gotten a lot of compliments and questions about my brakes at the different shows I've been to.

I wanted to paint my calipers but I didn't know what paint to go with. Autozone had some but I didn't really want to go with that nor did they have the color I wanted. I was thinking of painting them with the body color if anyone makes caliper paint in that color.

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    Very nice! That's exactly what I did to my 2000 STS about a year ago. I regret buying those cheap Chinese rotors as well! They warped real quick, and I had them resurfaced, and not even 5,000 miles later they warped again! When I did replace them with some Power Slots like yours, I noticed the old rotors had some cracks on some of the drilled vent holes.
    I also painted my calipers blue using a paint kit from Eastwood. It was around $30, and makes the whole thing look much better! The rusty calipers don't look too good with all the nice new parts!
    I've gotten a lot of compliments and questions about my brakes at the different shows I've been to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Hmm...Thanks for informing me of East Wood. I think this color might go well with my car. What do you think?
    http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...iProductID=558

What color is your body? Mines black, so I didn't want to go with that! Here's the paint I used, it's really good and I'd definetely recommend it! After more than a year, it still looks great! It gets brake dust on it, but it washes right off.
    http://www.eastwood.com/shopping/pro...iProductID=555

The paint in the link is red, but they have several other colors.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyman_2
    Hmm...Thanks for informing me of East Wood. I think this color might go well with my car. What do you think?
    http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...iProductID=558
    Well I posted at the same time you did, but yes that would look good! I assume your STS is silver? That or black I think would look good on the calipers!

Not silver. But that's the closest color they have. I wish someone had my actual body color. Shale I think.

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    Well I posted at the same time you did, but yes that would look good! I assume your STS is silver? That or black I think would look good on the calipers!

I think it might be called Silver Sand? My Uncle had a 2000 Escalade that was that color, and that was the name of it.

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Speedyman, those look great! Awesome job there man! Those old pads/rotors were WORKED! Best of luck to you with the new setup

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.