I039 code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, I039 code in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Had a ride control problem with my 94 SLS, and didn't want to invest any more money right now, so ...
    94sls_eagle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I039 code

Had a ride control problem with my 94 SLS, and didn't want to invest any more money right now, so I disabled the system from the command center, changing the IS08 setting to 000. Now the message "Service Ride Control" still comes on the message center, but only when stopped, standing still. Also, I still have the I039 code and Service Engine Soon light, so I guess I didn't fully disable the system. Does anyone out there know any other way to disable the strut warning system? I found one message about a solution for 93 Seville, and 94 + 95 Deville with a 4.9L, where they cut wires and add a relay to disable, but 94 SLS was not on the list. Thanks. I'll probably eventually get the passive struts, but then I'll still need to disable the warning system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GeorgeCLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My 94 Seville also has the "check ride controller"code, continually. A $75 dealer check came up with a $500 controller box needing replaced. I too do not want to invest too much in my Seville either.. Is there any less expensive source for this controller??
    George

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    You could always try ebay or a salvage yard.

GeorgeCLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Great suggestion: Thank you!
    George Morrison

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved
    did that cure your problem ? , i too have a I039 code (road sensing data loss) and am wondering if you got the code to clear yet ?

ed morse caddy down here sells a kit from gm to bypass the system for 60 bucks and is sold with the $300 front strut conversion , car still rides fine so im just flipping the information button for now untill i decide if its worth the $360 to get rid of the light

94sls_eagle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I bought a kit also, which has a relay and wires, but it turns out to be good for 1992 and 1993, not 1994. Don't know if it would turn off the message, even if I had the right year kit, because the fault could be in the shocks being bad, or the sensor at the wheel, or the control unit in the trunk. One guy on caddyinfo.com had a scheme to add a resistor and diode in the wiring of the sensor, which would make the computer think everything was ok, with a constant voltage. Anyway, I traded the car in, so I'm not worrying about it anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.