Cadillac Owners Forum banner
15K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  carnut 
#1 ·
any opinions on the cragar star wire wheels. they are 30 spokes

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice choice, I was actually looking at the same rims. I found a place selling Cadillac wire wheels but the spokes are too thin for my Cadillac (5.7L) so after further searching I found those same Cragar Starwire 30-spoke's. I like the Cadillac center cap on those. The ones I saw had the Cragar center cap. I assume you can just pop off the Cragar ones and find Cadillac ones the same size?

#3 ·
It's possibly dangerous, possibly not, depending on the design of the rim you have and how you plan to ride it.
Keep in mind that over the years a lot of spunky lacing patterns have been developed, but the industry has settled on the basic 3x pattern for 99% of all spoked wheels. There's a reason for this.

#4 ·
I had those wheels on a 1937 Olds Hot Rod I built. It's a very heavy wheel and the ride will be ever so slightly harsher because of it. If I remember balance required quite a bit of weight. Great quality, great chrome. When they 1st came out they were called weld wires and I think Cragar bought them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.