Front end work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Front end work in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey Folk Has anyone tackled the front end bushings ect....on a 1987 brougham? Im wondering if its the kind of ...
    johndfw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Front end work

Hey Folk

Has anyone tackled the front end bushings ect....on a 1987 brougham? Im wondering if its the kind of job I want to get into, or just have it done.

Opinions?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: Front end work

Are you talking about all of the bushings? sway bar bushings, A-frame bushings, and strut bushings? Its actually not that hard, on most cars. I have never done it on a 1987 brougham before. Just make sure you get a front end alignment after your done.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

depends what you are talking about...

sway bar bushings, easy...

if you get into the A-arm bushings... well, that is rather hard, basically the whole front end has to come off, alot of things need to be pressed into place, and when you are that far, upper and lower ball joints get changed, tie rods, shocks etc... basically everything.

it depends how good you are with cars, the A-arm bushings on my '79 DeVille are cracked, but I will replace those, and everything else in the front end when I do the 500 engine swap, for now, she is very tight for a 27 year old car.

Thanks Guys

I read over my manual. It does look like the whole front end would need to be done while your in it.
    I've got wear on the inside edges of my tires. Was thinking of a camber kit.

Later

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

A lot of times if you have wear on the inside edges of your tires it means that the "toe" is wrong.

from the top your tires would be pointing like this;

\_\......../_/ <---front tires

.l..l.......l..l <---back tires

krashed

Thanks.....I think I will look into the toe first. The car does pull a little to the side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.