1998 DeVille Concours Shakes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 1998 DeVille Concours Shakes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I recently purchased a 98 DeVille with 36,000 miles on it that is in excellant shape. I purchased it for ...
    Dick Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1998 DeVille Concours Shakes

I recently purchased a 98 DeVille with 36,000 miles on it that is in excellant shape. I purchased it for severe back problems. The car shakes a little when driving on normal highways when hitting bumps sometimes. I drove it on the interstate this am and it actually scared me as the rear I didn't feel I was in control of the car doing 70-75 mph. I had tire pressure checked and underneath the car by a good mechanic. I have a warranty on the car from the dealer I bought it from for 45 days. Can anyone tell me if they might have faced a similar problem and how they solved it.

Thanks,

Dick

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

krimson_cardnal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 96DeVille

Re: 1998 DeVille Concours Shakes

Front end or Rear end? Any noises coming from the front end while going over bumps? Rattles from the rear? If so could be front end bushings b-joints strut mounts...

Is it speed related? Do all four tires match - type/size/age?

I would bring it to a place you would trust to buy new tires from and have them pull the wheels and inspect and re-balance all four.

With a 45day warranty - take it back to the dealer - have them check all of the above.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.