hi i've got a 91 cadillac deville and the brakes went out today! the pedal goes all the way to the floor and just barely stops the car. it feels like the car pulls right and then the right front tire locks up and the car barely stops with the pedal all the way to the floor.
if anybody can help me out with this and post back what i should do to troubleshoot it i'd really appreciate it. i don't have any money to take it to the shop cause i'm practically poor so i'll be doing any work myself.
Happened to me once. It turned out to be the brake hose that hoops near the shocks had a crack and when I depressed the brakes the fluid sprayed out.
(1) Check fluid level (if it is low, then you likely have a leak).
(2) Look for a wet spot somewhere/anywhere along the brake lines.
(3) Pull each wheel and visually inspect the pads, rotors, lines.
(4) If something looks suspicious then pull the pads (have you done that before?) and inspect further.
(5) Check the rubber basket around the caliper piston and look for wetness, leaks.
Let us know what you find...
Yeah when I read this it makes me think of a split line somewhere along the way. Lucky for you, it shouldn't be too hard or too expensive to fix. Try and find what the definite problem is and post back