strutmasters full kit??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, strutmasters full kit?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; http://www.strutmasters.com/cadillac/index.htm Anyone try any other thier products? My air ride works sometimes. It's very inconsistant. If I end up doing ...
    cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

strutmasters full kit??

http://www.strutmasters.com/cadillac/index.htm

Anyone try any other thier products? My air ride works sometimes. It's very inconsistant. If I end up doing a full rebuild of my car, I want 4 wheel air ride...and I want it to WORK!! I doin't want to buy crap either.

Also, is there any way of controlling the height by yourself? I'd like to drop it somewhat if I can. Like, have it work normally for daily driving, but when you headto the club or something, drop it. any way of doing this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: strutmasters full kit??

I would have to say that what you are looking for is called "Airbag suspension". Other than that there is no way to get four wheel air suspension. Also there is no way to drop it yourself other than that. The front suspension is not air ride, it just has a dampering valve to firm or soften the ride. The rear is the air ride, it has an internal air bag along with the fluid chambers and dampering valves firm up and raise and lower the sides of the car while you are turning, also to level out if one side is weighed down. Its a very smart system, but being that it is also a very expensive system.

cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I see. Is the Strutmaster set up the best overall value for the money? Becasue if not I was gonna just get a normal suspension installed on the bac kand try to get lowering springs to fit it...

Any info about that?

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

There are a few problems that you will encounter while changing from one suspension system to another. The main one being the fact that there aren't any dampering valves on the system you're switching to. I have posted a solution to that problem in the cadillac tech tips section of this forum.

Here's the link to that;

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=49231

I have heard that there are other ways of solving this problem such as disabling the RSS module altogether from the DIC. In that way you make the IPC totally forget that there is RSS.

As for money, I haven't checked the prices anywhere. I got my suspension set up from Boston Suspension for pretty cheap, but I'm not even sure if they were built for the car I have. I had to modify not only the shocks and struts for them to fit, but the car itself. It took me the whole day to do the job. Then afterwards I was rewarded with an obnoxious "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" message up on the dash because the resistors that were supplied didn't trick the computer into thinking that the suspension set up was stock like it was supposed to do. After reading almost endlessly about how the suspension works on my car I finally found out that the computer does not measure the resistance that the flow of electricity encounters but the inductivity that the flow encounters. Thus I figured out that the dampering valves can be reused to supress the message. Buuuut yours is an 89 and doesn't have the n* engine so it does measure the resistance and not the inductance, or so I think. Still just better off reusing the old dampering valves...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.