what's so great about vogue tires?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, what's so great about vogue tires? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; To be honest, I've never heard of vogue tires before I came to this board and became a Cadillac owner. ...
    RMSLS02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what's so great about vogue tires?

To be honest, I've never heard of vogue tires before I came to this board and became a Cadillac owner.

Whats so great about em?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Re: what's so great about vogue tires?

Someone clue me in too!

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

They have a reputation for being a solid tire...not to mention the fact that they are just plain classy looking tires.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

I think its more the look than anything...I've got 'em on my 94 STS, and they look GREAT. I can't imagine the car with any other tires, as blackwalls just don't look good on it, to me. Handling is normal to above average, nothing to write home about, but they didn't start sliding in sharp corners until they were fairly well worn. Overall an awesome looking, very classy tire with above average but not excellent handling, in my very non-professional and not entirely experienced opinion.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

They look classy and recall an era gone by of elegance & opulence in the grand manner, recalling a wider whitewall, yet narrower than the 40s & 50's but definately a throw back, and to dress them up you get that ever present gold stripe for an accent. As for the quality of the tire, they are a touring tire, for the long distance over the road. They are not a performance tire, nr are they marketed as such.
    On the Town Car board I am on, they are oft referred to a "Mustard & Mayo" tires (off white & yellow gold). The downside is that they are a BEAR to clean and keep clean. The application of the whitewall is done a different manner than any other, and Brillo will not work on them. Westley's Bleach White will, but will take 20 minutres a tire. I have them on my Sixty Special, only for looks, since the car goes nowhere over 800 miles a year. When I clean it for a show, the tires take longer to do than the rest of the car does.

98GreySTSBrad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

everything

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Thumbs down Re: what's so great about vogue tires?

On the other hand, there are some of us - well, so far it seems to be only me - who find them gaudy, vulgar, overstyled, and pretentious. I don't like the gold line or the embossing, and besides, I've never felt that any American car from about 1960 on (1959 for GM models) looks right with wide whitewalls anyway. So shoot me...............

That's okay, Pete, Your FWDCPE is still to die for !

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Talking Re: what's so great about vogue tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    That's okay, Pete, Your FWDCPE is still to die for !
    Thanks, Sandy. Mucho appreciado, so to speak. And as long as we're swapping compliments, let me say that your 60 Spec. is the most spectacular one I have ever seen - Vogues included!

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    They look classy and recall an era gone by of elegance & opulence in the grand manner, recalling a wider whitewall, yet narrower than the 40s & 50's but definately a throw back, and to dress them up you get that ever present gold stripe for an accent. As for the quality of the tire, they are a touring tire, for the long distance over the road. They are not a performance tire, nr are they marketed as such.
    On the Town Car board I am on, they are oft referred to a "Mustard & Mayo" tires (off white & yellow gold). The downside is that they are a BEAR to clean and keep clean. The application of the whitewall is done a different manner than any other, and Brillo will not work on them. Westley's Bleach White will, but will take 20 minutres a tire. I have them on my Sixty Special, only for looks, since the car goes nowhere over 800 miles a year. When I clean it for a show, the tires take longer to do than the rest of the car does.
    I use the "mustard and mayo" term too. Also can be referred to as "lemonade and milk". But I have the 97H series Vogues Wide TracII. They were originally put on my 93 Deville but when it got wrecked they were quickly removed. They are a classic tire that accentuates the classic designs of most Caddys. They last a long time as mine have been sitting for a year and still hold air and still look just gorgeous. Combined with a nice rim and they can literally transform your car's look.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I've heard good and bad things about their performance. The magic is in the appearance. They take a Seville, Eldo, or Deville to a whole new level.

cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

As long as you rep a whitewall of some sort on your Cadillac...you're cool in my book. however, the Vogues are rediculous. They're pretty pricey...but it's a matter of preference. They look sick on Cadillacs...especially ones with gold accents. I drove a few DeVilles and an Eldorado at my valet job wit hthem and felt like a pimp. lol. It always makes me laugh though, when people spend all the money for those and don't clean them. Just plain rediculous.

As I said above, they are a bear to clean & harder to keep clean. Nothing, and I really & truly mean: NOTHING cleans them ! Westley's Bleach White is best, but you need to sit on a stood and scrub each tire at the very least 20 minutes! When you finish all 4 (hour & a half) (trust me here) You Definately DO NOT wanna drive it & risk getting them dirty again! Especially if you are over 45 years old. If combined with gold ornamentation, it does look PIMP in a baaad kinda way.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Sandy, are you saying even the AJAX soap-impregnated steel wool scouring pads won't work?

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

I like Vogues but I wish they also Made them all white and touching the lip with no gold stripe.
    If you drive a Cadillac you should atleast have white walls. Unless you drive a new German Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.