Differences between 95 and 96 Deville front suspensions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Differences between 95 and 96 Deville front suspensions in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What, if any differences, are there between the 2 years. Do the sway bars attach in the same spot? Maybe ...
    ragsled is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Differences between 95 and 96 Deville front suspensions

What, if any differences, are there between the 2 years. Do the sway bars attach in the same spot? Maybe a better question would be has anyone used ac/delco 580-2 struts on a 96 Deville? Thanks bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ragsled is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Differences between 95 and 96 Deville front suspensions

anybody have any comments on this? If I look up front struts for a 96 deville my only options are the actives, if i change it to a 95, I see passive. The 95 had the 4.9, the 96 has the n* . There has got to be somebody out there who has replaced struts on a 96 deville and used struts besides the oem, arnotts or boston. please help with part numbers. thanks

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: Differences between 95 and 96 Deville front suspensions

If you are looking for passive replacement systems check out Arnott, Boston suspension, Strutmasters, and Monroe.

Keep in mind that the electronics that they supply will probably not fool your RSS system. If you reuse the dampering valves off of your old shocks and struts, they will serve the purpose much better than the supplied electrics.

If they don't supply electronics, they will probably give you directions on how to disable RSS to keep the SRC (Service Ride Control) message from coming up. I personally dislike this method because nobody is sure if it can be reversed, in case you want to switch back to OEM in the future.

The 4.9 liter engine has a slightly different RSS system than the n* RSS system. If you buy the passive shocks/struts for a 4.9 liter caddy they will give you a resistor to wire up in place of the dampering valve to trick the RSS module into thinking that the OEM shocks/struts are still being used. The resistor will NOT work on the n* RSS system. This is because the n*'s RSS module does not measure the resistance through those wires anymore. Instead, it measures the inductive frequency from the valves. So they would have to supply an inductive coil in order to trick your RSS module.

I thought they did the switch from the 4.9 to the 4.6n* in 93 though.
    I have a 94 eldo n* with passive shocks and struts on it right now.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.