92-93 Devilles with ABS Lights On
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 92-93 Devilles with ABS Lights On in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So far I have had experience with four different 92-93 Cadillac's. My 93 Sixty Special, a 92 deville, a 92 ...
    youbetcha77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood RWD, 99 Deville

92-93 Devilles with ABS Lights On

So far I have had experience with four different 92-93 Cadillac's. My 93 Sixty Special, a 92 deville, a 92 coupe deville and a 93 Deville. I highly advise to check the relays in the relay center under the hood if the ABS and the traction off lights are one.

On 3 of the cars the Anti-Lock and Traction Off lights would come one and stay on upon start-up. On my 93 Sixty Special, they dont come on till I get to about ten mph.

In the under the hood relay center, you most likely will have four black relays under the maxi-fuse station. Starting from the left, passenger side going to the right they are as follows.

ABS Pump Motor Relay - ABS System Relay - High Radiator fan Speed Relay - low speed radiator fan relay.

If they lights go off upon startup and then come one when you take off then the first relay for the abs motor may be bad. Swap it out with one from the radiator side. If the lights stay on upon start-up try swapping out the second relay with one of the fan ones. I have fixed ABS systems this way so far with no other problems. If this doesnt work for you then there may be another problem. The Teves system used with these cars are very reliable, a lot more reliable then the older system used in 90 and previous years. If the lights dont come on until you get going and the relay isnt the problem, then you most likely have a bad pump motor or pump motor sensor. I figured I would share this with everybody because I know there are some people getting tired of looking at those orange lights. If you dont have Traction Control, the same applies as long as it is a 92-93.

Blaze

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

imranokazmi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 92-93 Devilles with ABS Lights On

Hi Group members

I need your advice FAST!!!

I've been browsing thru ur archives for a month now; since contemplating purchase of a 92 Fleetwood here in Dubai (UAE); done 160000 kms, ABS problem; TRACTION OFF & ANTI LOCK lighted on the instrument panel; besides CHECK CCR lighted on the panel left to the steering (below). Furthermore, does the 92 Fleetwood have cruise?

BTW I am contemplating the purchase decision coming Saturday :-) I do have other options like a 2001 Catair Caddy for USD 10,000... and 95 STS for USD 2,000 but the owner says "EVERY MONTH ON AN AVERAGE I SPEND USD 100+ ON REPAIRS + WASTED TIME AT MECHANICS..."

KEEP IN MIND THAT I'VE ALWAYS LOVED CADDY'S SINCE WHEN I WAS A CHILD AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I CAN REALIZE TAT DREAM.

Considering you are all PROS at Caddy's; is it a good buy at USD 1,500? and how much should I expect to spend on it?

Regards

Imran O Kazmi
    Trainer, Nokia Academy
    MD, Synergize / S2A (Strategy2Action)
    Balanced Score Card enhancement CRS Cube and more....
    www.synergize.org

PO Box 74327, Dubai, UAE

O +9714 311779 F +9714 3311765
    M +97150 5849562

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.