Tires & engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Tires & engine in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have several questions I hope someone can help me with. I have a '89 Brougham Cadillac and I want ...
    waffledude 2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tires & engine

I have several questions I hope someone can help me with.

I have a '89 Brougham Cadillac and I want to put Vogue Tires on the car. Where is there a Vogue Tire Dealership in Atlanta, Ga. and Memphis, Tn.? Also what is the widest tread size for my model Cadillac?

Where can I get a fully assembled 307 (5.0) V-8 "Y" engine with warranty(3 yrs) for a '89 Brougham Cadillac and how much will it cost?(Just the price for the engine)

What are the advantages and/or disadvantages to having a 307 (5.0) "Y" engine in your Cadillac? Is there an upgrade engine that could replace the 307 (5.0) "Y"? If so, what is it, and how can I get one?

I'm also looking for a reputable repair shop in Atlanta, Ga. and Memphis, Tn. for my Cadillac. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!

WaffleDude2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Tires & engine

My experience with vogue is that they are expensive yet cheap...... too expensive for the crappy product they put out...Welcome to the board!

hollisl is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Pace Performance (http://www.paceparts.com) has a GM crate engine 307 vin Y for $1,450 w factory 36mo, 50k mi warranty. Probably just a long block...

Quote Originally Posted by waffledude 2003

I have a '89 Brougham Cadillac and I want to put Vogue Tires on the car. Where is there a Vogue Tire Dealership in Atlanta, Ga. and Memphis, Tn.? Also what is the widest tread size for my model Cadillac?

Where can I get a fully assembled 307 (5.0) V-8 "Y" engine with warranty(3 yrs) for a '89 Brougham Cadillac and how much will it cost?(Just the price for the engine)

What are the advantages and/or disadvantages to having a 307 (5.0) "Y" engine in your Cadillac? Is there an upgrade engine that could replace the 307 (5.0) "Y"? If so, what is it, and how can I get one?

I'm also looking for a reputable repair shop in Atlanta, Ga. and Memphis, Tn. for my Cadillac. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks!

WaffleDude2003

92_Deville_on_20's is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by waffledude 2003

Thanks!

WaffleDude2003
    Heritage Cadillac in Morrow, Ga sells Vogue tires. They are about 15 minutes south of the Airport.

I never owned a set of Vogues but always hear bads things about them, especially the price.

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Google Vogue - They have a website. I think they are out of Mount Prospect, IL. Once you get to the site you can get a dealer - if you must.

Jeff is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If the Y engine is the Oldsmobile engine, it is a great design--similar to a 455. I had one in an 85 Buick B Body (LeSabre Limited) and loved it. They last a long time and have lots of torque. The crate motor idea is a good one--for about the same money as rebuilding a junkyard engine, you can have a new one and know exactly what you have. And same a lot of time!

Jeff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.