brake questions/issues 2003 Seville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, brake questions/issues 2003 Seville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well my problems just keep coming with this car.I've been having issues for a year where the car pulls to ...
    sts 03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 sts
    Well my problems just keep coming with this car.I've been having issues for a year where the car pulls to the left when braking, which I researched and is most likely the right caliper or something on the right side since it pulls to the left.front pads are wagner and the rotors are from napa both only a couple years old.it also shakes when coming to a stop.today I found my drivers side brake hose is leaking.I'm thinking of redoing the front brakes and need some help with picking some out.I'm just trying to stay in the mid grade range.rock auto has powerstop brake kit that comes with drilled/slotted rotors ,pads and calipers , are powerstop brakes good or junk? If they are junk What are some decent brakes for reasonable price?

20140223_172345-1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

This is the powerstop brake kit from rockauto , it's around $240 I think.are these ok?

getimage (1).jpg

r1concepts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: brake questions/issues 2003 Seville

Feel free to PM me for new rotors, pads, calipers, etc..I'd be glad to help you out.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    What do you mean by "mid grade"? Most brake pad manufacturers have 3 "grades". Organic, seminar allow, and ceramic. There are also usual 2 or 3 tiers or rotors as well. After that, you get into performance brake parts.

There are several companies that make excellent "normal" brake parts. If the car is just a daily driven street driven vehicle, you're perfectly fine with any major name brand rotor and (I would strongly recommend) ceramic pad.

If you're looking for performance, several members here, including myself, are running EBC RedStuff pads and Ultimax slotted rotors. Strong, quiet, and low dusting. Others are using the R1's.

I mean mid grade like quality/price wise.rockauto has that powerstop bake kit for a reasonable price ,I was curious if anyone knows if powerstop brakes are decent or would it be better to go with AC Delco durastop? Yea I don't have big $ to spend right now need something in the middle.

Quality aside, the kit you posted a picture of is performance oriented. AC Delco pads and rotors would be stock replacements. Which direction are you trying to go with this?

You'll get better quality rotors for less money if you go for standard, solid replacements. Slotted/drilled/dimpled rotors will always be more expensive, and not necessarily "better". Slots prevent gas buildup between the rotors during repeated hard stops. If you don't take the carvon back roads and do consecutive high speed brake applications, solid rotors are fine. Drilled holes do the same thing, as well as reduce weight. Kind of worthless on a 4,000 pound luxury car.

i need to change my front brake hose,the one that runs to the caliper.the drivers side brake hose is leaking but im goinng to change both sides.after i change the front hoses and its time to bleed the system do i have to go to each wheel and do the bleed procedure or do i just bleed the front ? Also the only bake hoses aap has in stock are wearever ,I know they don't make the best brakes but should there brake hoses be safe to use or should I order something better?

Would anyone trust using a wearever brake hose from aap?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

I have not used Wearever brake hydraulic hose, but have used a LOT of their pre-made hydraulic hoses in boat applications and never had a problem........... There's an AAP here on Kent Island - AAP is the expansion of the old Annapolis Auto Parts, in business for a skrillion years.

ok so i changed the front brake lines today cause one of them was leaking . i bought one of those one man brake bleed kits.come to find out after i changed the brake hoses the damn bleed kit hose was to small to fit on the nipple.i had some other hose that i stuck in a bottle with brake fluid in it then cracked the nipple and pumped the brakes but they got hard after a couple of pumps so i had to turn the car on a couple of times so i could pump the brakes to do the other side . it seems to be braking fine.was i suppose to bleed front and back or just the front since i didnt do anything in the rear and are the brakes supposed to get hard when pumping them with the car off?i didnt want to physically try to push them as hard as i can cause i wasnt sure if would mess something up,but like i said they seem to be working fine just hope i got all of the air out.

Wait, you connected a hose to the bleeder bolt nipple, stuck it in a bottle of brake fluid, opened the bleeder, and just pumped the brakes???

Yea that's What I saw on YouTube .supposedly by putting a hose in a bottle with brake fluid it when you pump it won't suck air back in.I also just cracked the nipple and let fluid run out for a few minutes also supposedly the gravity will push the air out.the brakes seem to be working fine but hopefully all the air got out.I only bleed the front since those were the only brake hoses I changed, was I supposed to do all calipers?

nickie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 deville

does anyone know what the host coming out of the front of the brake fluid reservoir does? 1994 deville

Please don't hijack threads. Feel free to start your own.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.