14x7(standard)wire wheels on 97 deville...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 14x7(standard)wire wheels on 97 deville... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; n.e.1 ever put 14's (standards) on a deville. i seem to be having trouble with the front calipers, there scrapping ...
    chewster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

14x7(standard)wire wheels on 97 deville...

n.e.1 ever put 14's (standards) on a deville.

i seem to be having trouble with the front calipers, there scrapping on the inner center part of the wheel when hand turned, and wheel wont completly go into the knock-off adapter.

i've tried 1 inch wheel spacers, and still no go.

i've heard of others grinding down the calipers. so if n e 1
    can provide some type of suggestion, good lookin out.

and i'v also posted on LAYITLOW and still no help...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soy_chingon13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 14x7(standard)wire wheels on 97 deville...

Yeah, you might end up having to grind the calipers a little and also put a spacer. But be careful not to grind off too much!!!!

I have a 1990 deville and i didnt have any problems putting them on, 14x7 wires, but mine are reverse offset.

mackpappy1972 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 01 DTS,02 Deville,94 Concours,50 Sedan,03 S55,03 Excursion

Red face Re: 14x7(standard)wire wheels on 97 deville...

I have had that problem as well. I have 4 Cadillacs, 2 of them being Deville's. I have a 94 Deville Concours with 14x7 OG Wire wheels standard reverse. They work great with a small & minor modification the the rear fenderskirt. I also have an 02 Deville. Tried the same trick, and yes the caliper is bigger than the 94's. Plenty of people say grind the caliper which would work. But do take in mind.......the caliper is a certain thickness to assist the rotor in removing heat evenly. Grind too much, it will lead to warping your rotor in a premature fashion. Especially being FWD!!! You need to bump up 1 inch my friend to 15's. It will give you that ever so close clearance needed. Then wrap them up in some vogues and call it a day.

Mackpappy

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 14x7(standard)wire wheels on 97 deville...

mack........This thread is almost 4 years old, and the 2 original posters haven't been around in this thread in 3 years........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.