I installed Eibach springs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, I installed Eibach springs in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 1997 STS, I installed Eibach springs in the rear, and converted to Passaive style Shocks, Now the rear is way ...
    TimPic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy I installed Eibach springs

1997 STS, I installed Eibach springs in the rear, and converted to Passaive style Shocks,

Now the rear is way too low my custom Dynomax exhaust scraps when I hit bumps, and the shocks seem to full compress and slam the car on bumps. Anyone else done this Mod yet? I'm Gonna try to put spacers in the springs to bring it up a bit.

I haven't don't the front yet, I'm taking it to s hop to get a wheel aligment and the passive front struts put in, I'm almost afraid wheat the front eibach springs will doo

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: I installed Eibach springs

Sorry to say but you should have done your homework better...... Id just put stock springs back on......

Springs wont do much for alignments (in a bad way)....

TimPic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I know this thread is ancient, don't even have my 97 STS any more, but the quick fix for this or any year of rear ride height after auto level is removed ( or can even be adapted with to work with) , I purchased a set of Pneumatic test plugs designed for plumbing, they are way cheaper then after market air bags, and come in several pipe diam. I put one in each coil spring with ¼" Schrader sticking out the bottom of the spring perch with an extension, and I can adjust my rear ride height with the air compressor.

I've run this setup on my 97 Trans am also works great

http://www.cherneind.com/Pneumatic/Test_Ball/

Marco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by TimPic View Post
    I know this thread is ancient, don't even have my 97 STS any more, but the quick fix for this or any year of rear ride height after auto level is removed ( or can even be adapted with to work with) , I purchased a set of Pneumatic test plugs designed for plumbing, they are way cheaper then after market air bags, and come in several pipe diam. I put one in each coil spring with ¼" Schrader sticking out the bottom of the spring perch with an extension, and I can adjust my rear ride height with the air compressor.

I've run this setup on my 97 Trans am also works great

http://www.cherneind.com/Pneumatic/Test_Ball/
    So basically, you've resurrected this thread to brag about your new balls? j/k

Which ones did you use for your coil springs? I've thought about adding something similar to my SUVs front and rear coils. Looking to smooth out the ride over pothole ridden streets.
    I've seen those red bags, but this looks 10x more durable.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Google "air lift bags" and open the Air Lift site. They've been in the automotive suspension control business since I was a teenager.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.