Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Allante wheels on a '92 Fleetwood

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  delerium75 
#1 ·
So here's what I'm looking at... 16x7 '89-'92 painted silver Allante rims for my '92 Fleetwood. I saw an '89 or '90 Fleetwood on eBay a couple months ago that had Allante rims...it actually looked kinda sharp but I think the wheels on that one were the '87-'88 15".

Going with the 16s also opens up some more tire options (Michelin no longer has a white wall for the Fleetwood's 15") and I could probably get away with a black side wall tire without it looking odd. Anyone know if they'll work? Also, and much related...are the Allante rims the same as '90-'91 STS? STS rims are obviously clear coated but in terms of offset...they the same? I could transfer the wheels off my '91 STS to check how it would all work with the Fleetwood but with it being near 0 degrees outside, I thought I would keep warm (and be lazy) and ask first...

#2 ·
Any of the FWD rims will interchange just fine. The if fast did change slightly at some point, but not enough to cause problems or look funny.

Here's an Allante I saw on ebay a couple of weeks ago with '01+ Seville 17"s on it:

Allantes did have the same rims as the gen 1 STS, different finish. The Deville Touring Sedan used an identical looking rim, but it was 6" wide.

#3 ·
My concern is with rubbing on the rear fender skirts...it's not an experiment I want to have go badly. If I had a Deville, ain't no thang, no problems but that extra inch of width is bugging me. I looked into the Deville Touring Sedan's rims but they're rare in nice condition; the correct solid aluminum center cap is rare period. Plus in the end, I'm not really a fan of clear coated wheels...painted wheels look better longer, the Allante wheels would look different but not out of place and would be MUCH easier to keep clean than the lace wheels on it right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.