Brake + Tire Recommendations
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Brake + Tire Recommendations in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What set of brakes would you all recommend for my 97 Concours (Deville)? Its approaching time for me to fully ...
    CadillacKid07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Brake + Tire Recommendations

What set of brakes would you all recommend for my 97 Concours (Deville)? Its approaching time for me to fully replace both front and back and I am wondering what you all like and would recommend. Thanks for your input on the brakes.
    Also, not long after new brakes I shall be needing new tires, I was thinking the Hydroedge by Michelin. What do you think? What do you recommend? Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WWII is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Brake + Tire Recommendations

Hydroedge by Michelin is a GREAT tire. Like I've said before, I work in a tire shop. And I'd rate the Hydro a 9.8 on a 10 scale.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

I am a true fan of Raybestos Quiet Stop brake pads. They stop firmly, are very quiet, almost no dust, and last a long time. For me, if they are available, I will not buy anything else.

Don

abreeze is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i just put some AVON 550a/s tires on: priced right, Quite, and sticky......beat the tar out of Michshitlins n Goodsmears......not as pricey as Bridgstones...Akebon pads have been a good oem replacement w aftermarket rotors(power slot)....good luck

Debiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bought my 98 Deville a year ago, it came with Vogue Tyres (correct spelling). They're pricey but very quiet and great ride.

Check out: www.vogue-tyre.com

--- D

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

There's a lot of information already available here in the archives. Brake pads, including dust, sensors and noise issues, rotors and the benefits of drilled, slotted etc, tires including traction, noise, plus-sizes etc.

GreenMachine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

This tires are great if you live in an area that gets snow and use all season tires: LINK: PIRELLI P3000 CINTURATO M&S™
    The Michelin Hydro-edge were my other option but I went with P3000 as I live in Buffalo, NY and need the extra snow traction from time to time. These were cheaper and all the reviews I've read about them are superb. Pirelli are known for great tires and are actually being considered by Cadillac to be options on future Cadillacs. They motto is "Original Equipment on the Worlds Finest". The STS-V was introduced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit with Pirelli tires. They have also opened factories in the US and a large one in Georgia. I believe the Cadillac LeMans Prototype was sponsored by them also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.