Minor tire leak...can I repair and forget it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Minor tire leak...can I repair and forget it? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; One of my rear tire is almost flat(~10lbs.), I just noticed it today so I don't know how long it ...
    weister42 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

Minor tire leak...can I repair and forget it?

One of my rear tire is almost flat(~10lbs.), I just noticed it today so I don't know how long it has been leaking(my car was sitting in a garage for two days), but I pumped it back to 30lbs. and drove it around for 30 minutes and noticed no pressure change, so it's gotta be very minor. I used one of those fix-a-flat tire inflator on my VW Golf before and it fixed the problem and the tire never leaked to this day, I even deflate it and pumped new air into it. Can I apply the same to this car without much concern?

I'm poor, I still have to pay for college expenses...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Re: Minor tire leak...can I repair and forget it?

As long as you have a slow leak, that isn't from the valve stem, fix-a-flat will work just fine. I prefer to find the leak (nail, screw, etc) and plug it. But I have used fix-a-flat many times. It works great, and I for one, trust it for a permanent repair.

Don

WWII is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Minor tire leak...can I repair and forget it?

So I've already said I work in a tire shop doing all the repairs, and mounting new tires, etc...Fix a Flat sucks. Seriously...it corrodes the rim and I wouldn't trust it at all. It's a waste of money. If you have aluminum rims, the bead could be leaking. That is usually a very slow leak and can be fixed by wire brushing the inside of the rim. If it happen to be in the sidewall, just plan on getting a new tire. Fixing sidewalls is a bad idea. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.