EBC Green Stuff = Good Stuff!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, EBC Green Stuff = Good Stuff!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just installed a set a front EBC Green Stuff pads on my 95 STS. I installed them on brand new ...
    JSMeloche is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 AWD

EBC Green Stuff = Good Stuff!!!

Just installed a set a front EBC Green Stuff pads on my 95 STS. I installed them on brand new regular Rotors. Completely replaced the brake fluid (this stuff was BLACK!) And now they work like a charm Powerfull controlled braking, no fading.
    They are a bit on the expensive side at twice the price of regular semi-metallic pads (EBC: 120$CAN, Regular: 53$CAN) but I think they are better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Re: EBC Green Stuff = Good Stuff!!!

Give us an update in a while. Someone on the board was not happy with thiers. No brake sensor provisions correct?

No sensor on my 95 STS so not a problem for me

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

They are great pads. I used to run them on my 944 S2 track car along with plain face Brembo rotors. My only complaint was the brake dust, but it was well worth the performance.

A week later update: these pad definitivly make dust but performance is there. They are also a bit noisy, not squeeling but you can hear a low bass sound when you apply them at speed (50 mph +). But A/C and radio have to be off to hear them. Conclusion: Performance with compromise.
    Pros: They grab like crazy compared to previous semi-metallic pads, no fade, no squeeling
    Cons: Dust! at least is black and easily removed, not the brownish gunk

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I'm very happy with them on my '00 STS. I've put about 5k miles on them so far. The car still stops like a Corvette!

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

I've got them o n my car, but I also have the EBC rotors (worst decision I ever made). The pads are great, although they do produce alot of brake dust. With them on the front and back, the car stops liek it's hitting a brick wall..hehe. Only draw back, is that the rotors are now extremely warped, and sound like the C train, pulling into the Canal St. Station in NY. I attribute this to poor design, and engineering (i.e.the black paint that came on them, getting stuck in pads, and buring up the rotors). Other than that, I'd probably consider the pads themselve again.

RKunz2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: EBC Green Stuff = Good Stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    I'm very happy with them on my '00 STS. I've put about 5k miles on them so far. The car still stops like a Corvette!
    Dear CaddyDaddy,

I see that we have the same car, make, model and year. Saw your post about EBC and have had a fair amount of brake trouble myself. When I bought my 2000 STS in '02, someone had throroughly worked all 4 corners. Brakes were so bad, any stop above 45 mph triggered the ABS system. Anyway, finally got tired of the dealer turning already damaged rotors to within an inch of their very lives, so I replaced all 4 corners (rotors and pads). Calipers were cleaned and serviced, as well as, the fluid.

I stayed with a good forged OEM replacement and bailed on any drilling or slotting, which I think may have been a bad choice. I also went to a semi-ceramic pad (not EBC), which I L O V E !!! Very little dust, no noise or squeal, and brakes well with minimal heat making it good for normal everyday driving. Unfortunately, the rotors have hot spotted or warped again (the fronts, I think).

Obviously I don't drive like an old lady, but I also believe firmly that 11.8" front rotors on a 4,000# 4-door car, which carries a good portion of that weight forward on the f/r distribution, are a little on the weak side.

So, aside from me driving the car like I was a little old lady, what rotor combination have you found that works well for normal street driving? Ideas.....suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S.-Car just turned 70K miles.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I drive my car hard quite often, since there are some good curvy roads here in CT! But since you don't drive yours as hard, some good cross drilled rotors would be good to keep the heat and fading down.
    My car is at about 69.7K, so I'm just behind you in mileage!

CaddyDaddy,

Thanks for the reply.

You're right, not many curves, just a lot of freeways and traffic!

You know, the reason I say the system is a little light in the pads is even pulling the car down from 80 mph (not unusual on a So. Calf freeway) onto an offramp exit builds enough heat in the system to detect a slight fade. A car that's capable of so much more than straightline cruising at 75-80 should not get "heated" pulling down from that speed. If the brakes are that susceptible, than the governor should limit to 90 or 100 (like my Avalanche), not 150.

I really dislike marginal brakes! :-(

You prefer cross-drilled to slotted? I'm not really up on the differences, only what the marketing materials say, and I really don't rely on that print.

nukeduster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I use x-drilled brembos on my vehicle, and have ebc greens with about 20k hard driven mileson them, and the dust was bad for the first couple thousand miles but actually calmed down quite a bit since. I don't have to wash my rims nearly as often as I did when first purchased.

Very very good product IMO, I have 2 of the same vehicles, one with and one without ebc, and ebc are so amazingly grippy. If I actually cared about my other car I'd upgrade those brakes too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.