96 sway bar removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 96 sway bar removal in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Can anyone help with with the easiest way to remove the front sway bar on my 96 deville mine has ...
    Hason560 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

96 sway bar removal

Can anyone help with with the easiest way to remove the front sway bar on my 96 deville mine has seemed to snap in half. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 96 sway bar removal

Don't you think you'd get a better answer in the suspension or DeVille forums?
    Mike

oh sorry i never posted there thanks
    \

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

sway bars snapped in half??

Is this the bar that connects the suspension towers? (i think its called cross vehichle brace or something in the manual)

Its just bolted on, real easy to pop off no?

from what i can see it bolts to the front sub frame/engine cradel which ever it is called but it is on top of that and runs trough there to the stabalizer links on each side. some mech told me that i needed to drop the sub frame and then disconnect the steering rack to get it out, i think he really didnt know what he was talking about but he was working at cadillac so who am i to say anyways it seems that if i remove the stabalizer links and unbot the bushings from the bottom i could mabey slid the swaybar out trough the side? i have to do mine in a parking lot where i live and the one im getting is from upullit junk yard so i have to get that one of in dirt/mud/ect?. do i am just looking to see if any one has any suggestions.

if need be i can take a pic and try to post it here is i can figure it out

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

The cross vehicle brace is the bar going over the engine. The sway bar goes under the engine from the middle of one strut to the middle of the other.
    First of all, how did you snap it in half? Theres got to be story to this one....

With it snapped in half it shouldn't be that hard to remove (just snake it out either end). The puzzle might start when your putting the other one in though. I have never done the sway bar on a caddy before so I can't really specify if you need to remove anything to make way for the new one. Pics would help...

ok ill take some pics tomarrow, as to how it snaped there is no telling i dont remember hearing anything, but i do run it at the track alot so its possible i just didnt hear it there, i noticed it hanging down about 2 months ago but i thought it was rubber stuck up there so i never bothered with it till the other day i went and washed it and reached down to pull what i thought was rubber, imagine my suprise. lol anyways it is snaped at about the place where it goes to the bushing that holds it in place on the passenger side. anyways i will post pics if i can figure out how to post them on here. thanks

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wink Re: 96 sway bar removal

Quote Originally Posted by Hason560
    ......i do run it at the track alot so its possible i just didnt hear it there,......
    you run a 96 deville at the tracks??

dude......

yeah whats wrong with that? to each his own right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.