Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  jeff schwartz 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what are all the cars in GM that share the basic parts the Cadillacs had in the 80's?:confused:

#2 ·
I assume you're talking about the RWD Cadillacs, the Broughams? In that case, they were built on the B/D body if I recall correctly and should have many interchangeable parts with the Chevy Caprice, the Olds 88/98, and the Pontiac Parisienne.

What parts are you looking for?

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah, the Cadillac Eldorado was built on the E-body platform, and shares pieces with the Riviera and the Toronado.

The FWD Devilles were on the C-body chassis and shared parts with the FWD Olds 98s (and Buick Park Avenues I think).

The Cimmaron was obviously a disquised Chevy Cavalier, and was built on the J-body.

I think the Seville in the 80s was its own deal, and didn't share any parts with anything else, but I could be wrong.

#5 ·
Sorry I forgot to metion which caddies :rolleyes: But y'all guess right. Well I heard that the springs from the Impala SS would work on my car but I don't want to run out and buy them only to find out they don't fit.

#6 ·
The Impala SS springs might work, but I'd do a lot of research in a spring catalog before I bought them. Check free height, compressed height, spring rates, etc. They may physically bolt in, but may not work nearly as well as they might look on paper. I'm not saying that you won't be completely happy with them, I'm just saying do the research first. :p

Attachments

#7 ·
Yeah thats what I been doing the last few days.The reason I'm interested also is because there are much more aftermarket parts for the SS than there is for my Caddy. Like I told Sal this is my hot rod project so I will learn as I go but am glad to have this forum to ask questions ;)

#8 ·
73-77 GM mid size ( Malibu, Cutlass, etc) and GM full size 77-96 will fit 79 up RWD Caddys. Regarding my 82 Fleetwood Coupe, I had a 1 1/4 front sway bar off a Trans Am on it for a while also. I cut one coil out of the front, stock rear springs, KYB Gas shocks, and Helwig super HD sway bars 1/ 5/16 front, 1" rear. 1 degree negative camber, 17" tires 275/40 and 315/35. It does 1 G of lateral acceleration. You must have racing seats and a harness to drive it to it's potential. Also it's undefeated in High Speed Autocross. (Road Race Tracks)

#9 ·
yay, my first post here. Anyway, what about the FWD Devilles? i have a 1990 Coupe DeVille and i wana lower it but cant find any springs for it. Also what about sway bars and bushings? I wana get the most out of my car, maybe even pull a G on the pad. Hehe, gona make the first DTC, DeVille Touring Coupe! yeah i got big dreams but isnt that what its all about?? :D

#13 · (Edited)
Is 1 1/8" sway for the front and 1" for the back a good combo for my Fleetwood? What would you suggest Jeff?

#15 ·
Is that Trans Am front bar a direct bolt-on? Also do you suggest I ditch the air shocks and go ahead and put in the Tokicos?I don't mind changing the shocks but don't want to lose my Caddy ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.