Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  elwesso 
#1 ·
I have S060 code in history on my 95 STS,..the ride is now very stiff and not comfortable as before. I have searched here and read all the posts in relation to passive struts. The code indicates left front position sensor fault. Does this mean my struts are in stiff mode? Does this mean they will stay that way or will I have to switch to the passive struts to get a decent ride back? If I do get the passives installed can I drive it home w/o the RSS setting changed to 0? Or is it a simple fix with the onboard dash computer? As you can see I have some knowledge from reading past posts but am still way unclear as to the next course of action. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
When it starts throwing a code, it will put ALL struts into full stiff mode...... So what you're experiencing is completely normal.......

They will stay in full stiff mode until you get new struts...... I wonder what it would do if you turned off the RSS with the stock struts..... hmmmmm......

The thing with the computer is simple (via onboard dash computer), and shouldnt take more than a few minutes....... You can drive it, but ti will show that annoying message.....

#3 ·
Elwesso,..thanks for the response,..I cleared out the rss060 code in history and it has not put back the "service ride control" message since,..( its been about 8 days with no message now ). It does ride a little better since then,.not as stiff but still not the smooth caddy ride I had before. I am considering the passive strut kit from strutmasters and my buddy who owns a mieneke muffler here in town said he will install them for 30.00 per corner. Do you know how I can get into the RSS portion of the computer to turn off the active struts and get the value to 0? Thanks,.

#4 ·
Call me Snipes..... :D We normally have better response times, but I guess im the only one that hangs out in the suspension area...... :p

Anyway, please do a search on this (disabling the RSS message)...... It is a <very> recent topic..... Search ALL forums, if I recall its in the northstar section or the seville/eldo or deville section..... Again, I dont remember, that was probably about 100 posts ago.... :)

$30/corner is a GREAT price...... I got my shocks replaced for 130, so your getting a great deal....... You will be able to disable the ride control message..... Or you can drive around with it on, but it would annoy me.......

#5 ·
Thanks Snipes,..Yes 30.00 a corner is a steal,.but the owner and I go back many years as I have delivered his pipe and other shop supplies for years and he has always taken care of me in the past,..He kinda owes me more than I owe him kind of thing. I guess this strut deal has spoiled what is otherwise almost a flawless 95 STS. I had read on here somewhere that there is a value system associated with the active struts and the rss system and that when passives are installed the value should be 0,..so I was wondering if the value now in the computer is say 8 or 10 wonder what a value of 5 entered in the computer would do? Thanks again.

#6 ·
Im not sure what it would do, but I wouldnt mess with it..... You can REALLY screw things up by messing with it and no knowing what your doing....... So dont just start messing around with parameters.......

Id read ALL the info you can find here on this, and on www.caddyinfo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.