Buying Used 95 4 Door Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Buying Used 95 4 Door Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Service ride suspension? light is on. Has to do with air shocks, struts Etc.? Was told by Caddy agency.....done in ...
    Bakatari is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Buying Used 95 4 Door Deville

Service ride suspension? light is on. Has to do with air shocks, struts Etc.? Was told by Caddy agency.....done in pairs, air? shocks could cost $700-800! any info or help, please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Buying Used 95 4 Door Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Bakatari
    Service ride suspension? light is on. Has to do with air shocks, struts Etc.? Was told by Caddy agency.....done in pairs, air? shocks could cost $700-800! any info or help, please.
    What exactly do you want ansewered. The air shocks create a more comfortable ride. If it has the leveling system in it the car adjusts its ride hieght to make it level for comfort

Question Re: Buying Used 95 4 Door Deville

Quote Originally Posted by JJhomer83
    What exactly do you want ansewered. The air shocks create a more comfortable ride. If it has the leveling system in it the car adjusts its ride hieght to make it level for comfort

Josh,

The service light is on (steady) during test ride took it to Caddy agency. The said , worst case, it could be all 4 air shocks at $700 t0 800 apiece, struts, labor more money.....ride is hard.....My thought: Hopefully? air pump electrical, air lines, hoping lower expense.....Any Ideas....Thanks for prompt reply.....I guess I'm in the right place. @ finger typing, new site....be patient with old coot and future shock.....thanks again for any help.

Bakatari.....translation from Japanese.....'Crazy person'

To clear things up.
    Is the car yours or is it still the dealers.

Josh,

The service light is on (steady) during test ride took it to Caddy agency. The said , worst case, it could be all 4 air shocks at $700 t0 800 apiece, struts, labor more money.....ride is hard.....My thought: Hopefully? air pump electrical, air lines, hoping lower expense.....Any Ideas....Thanks for prompt reply.....I guess I'm in the right place. @ finger typing, new site....be patient with old coot and future shock.....thanks again for any help.

Bakatari.....translation from Japanese.....'Crazy person'
    If you need to replace all 4 air shocks plus labor its going to kill you in cost. My guess is about $5000 all said and done. Did you do check the computer in your car to see what error code it came up with? An option that you do have is passive shocks ( i think that's right) they are a cheaper way out and won't give you the "caddy" ride but will be a cheap fix.

bob2231 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Go to partsamerica.com, that's Discount Auto Parts. They haveair leveling shocks for this for $99 and less. Having a 9 year old car repaired at a dealership is insane.

To clear things up.
    Is the car yours or is it still the dealers.
    Josh,

Car still belongs to the dealer. He 'said' he would fix it. Will check it out to see if he 'just shut off the light'. Some others on here said I could get parts for a lot less at Parts America. Think I will run a diagnostic to find 'error codes' and will post that info on here, maybe tell me whether tp buy or pass on this one.

I have an '84 Seville....needs engine.....exploring a 4100 or 4500 engine for that one....classic next year have fun at rallys.....any ideas on the engine replacement.....car is super inside and out.....just engine needs replacement.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bob2231
    Go to partsamerica.com, that's Discount Auto Parts. They haveair leveling shocks for this for $99 and less. Having a 9 year old car repaired at a dealership is insane.
    Bob,

Thanks for advice about parts.....Never would have dealer repair car.....would pass on car first.....pretty car with all goodies working......was hoping for a cheap fix.....dealer says he will fix it, but we'll see.....if I get it for the right price, might be worth it, we'll see.....Thanks again,

Bill

If you need to replace all 4 air shocks plus labor its going to kill you in cost. My guess is about $5000 all said and done. Did you do check the computer in your car to see what error code it came up with? An option that you do have is passive shocks ( i think that's right) they are a cheaper way out and won't give you the "caddy" ride but will be a cheap fix.
    Josh,

Thanks for the options. Will check it out some more and let you know if I buy it or pass.....you've been a great help.

Bill

Josh,

Thanks for the options. Will check it out some more and let you know if I buy it or pass.....you've been a great help.

Bill
    There are many cars that are out there that would suit your needs and i would look around some more.

bob2231 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Josh,

Car still belongs to the dealer. He 'said' he would fix it. Will check it out to see if he 'just shut off the light'. Some others on here said I could get parts for a lot less at Parts America. Think I will run a diagnostic to find 'error codes' and will post that info on here, maybe tell me whether tp buy or pass on this one.

I have an '84 Seville....needs engine.....exploring a 4100 or 4500 engine for that one....classic next year have fun at rallys.....any ideas on the engine replacement.....car is super inside and out.....just engine needs replacement.

Bill
    There's a 85 4.5 engine, trans, ecm etc. running on Ebay now. Might be worth a look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.