Bigger rims Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Bigger rims Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; People here were nice enough to informing me that the rims size of a 2000 Deville is 16" I test ...
    laurentkm2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bigger rims Deville

People here were nice enough to informing me that the rims size of a 2000 Deville is 16" I test drove a Deville a month ago and the ride was very soft, smooth and comfy.

My question.....
    If I was to go up in rim size to 17" or maybe 18", how much of a difference do you guys think will be effected in the soft and smooth and comfy-ness of the ride.

Do you guys think it will be a drastic difference, or would it be noticable on if you really pay attention to the smoothness, etc??

Thanks.

LM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    There will be a difference. I'd recommend going with the 235/55-17 tire size from the DTS - the increased stiffness will not be drastic and since the overall tire diameter is very close to the original tires you will not have to worry about recalibrating your computer for a different tire size. And you can get some nice factory 17" Cadillac wheels which look awesome...If you move up to 18's and beyond you will start to notice a harsh ride IMO.

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood
    You'll notice the difference with 18's, but the stock suspension will keep out most harshness. Even a 245/45/18 will ride pretty well, especially with certain types of tires. Personal experience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.