Strut Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Strut Question in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 1999 Seville STS. Do I have air struts or electric struts? Also I see where some say ...
    buddah is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

Strut Question

I have a 1999 Seville STS. Do I have air struts or electric struts? Also I see where some say I can use passive struts but what changes if I use passive struts instead of the cadillac recommended struts. Someone please help. I dont know much about cars I'm 22 and would appreciate any help please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Strut Question

Buddah,

Actually you would have electronic front struts and electronic/air rear (air is used for auto leveling) struts. The main reason to go with a passive setup is cost. There are options available to do the conversion, there are plently of threads on this running right now. Do a quick search in the suspension section of the forum. Be warned, there are a lot of "characters" offering little in the way of useful information.

Passive struts do with not change damping characteristics as the stock setup will. In my case the car rode much better with the passive strut setup since the original struts were so far gone from the time I purchased the car. Basically your ride will remain in a soft setup, this is suitable for most driving tastes I think.

Cal the cop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi Buddah:

I would search out Boston Suspension, they have been making these kits for at least a couple of years. I have 2...a 96 Seville and my wifes 99 Deville, both work great. They however are not the same part #'s electronics are differant on each vehicle. I am happy with my set up. I do not work for Boston as some people may think here. I am happy to get a good product from a company and saved lots of money, and I am happy to share my experience with others.

This is information I have read on this site here, left by a member Toofitt/ TOM. I have bought these also for my 1999 Deville, I posted under another subtitle.I am very happy with this kit.

CAL re. TOM

Quote Originally Posted by Cal the cop
    Hi Buddah:

I would search out Boston Suspension, they have been making these kits for at least a couple of years. I have 2...a 96 Seville and my wifes 99 Deville, both work great. They however are not the same part #'s electronics are differant on each vehicle. I am happy with my set up. I do not work for Boston as some people may think here. I am happy to get a good product from a company and saved lots of money, and I am happy to share my experience with others.

TOM
    Anybody else catch this one! Like we didn't know.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I'm happy with my Strutmasters shocks on my 1994 Deville!

toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks Cal:

I enjoy my Boston Suspension every day, I hope you like yours too!

TOM

Buddah,

I would take any advice from Tom a.k.a. Cal with a large grain of salt. Tom / Cal is currently in the process of covering is tracks (check out the edits) for posting a message from the wrong persona.

What I have quoted above is the original message. Cal posted the sales pitch that Tom usually does.

Tom / Cal / Mr. boston will likely reply with an insulting message.

Cheers

For posterity here is the edited quote, just in case it changes again. Now why would Cal go to the trouble of copying someone else's post when he is posting his own positive comments in other threads? What a tangled web he weaves when crooked Tom practices to decieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal the cop
    Hi Buddah:

This is information I have read on this site here, left by a member Toofitt/ TOM. I have bought these also for my 1999 Deville, I posted under another subtitle.I am very happy with this kit.

CAL re. TOM

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

Isnít it awful when you canít remember who you are supposed to be? My advice would be to have the script in front of you when you are posting. So your words donít come back and bite you in the #ss. LOL

Cal the cop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello Boys and Girls:

I just was quoting "Tom" I have not been a member long enough to have experience with the question, he has. I have now since bought Boston and I too like the kit I got it's awsome.

Cal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.