00 - 03 Strut tower bar?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 00 - 03 Strut tower bar? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Can anyone tell me if the 00 - 03 Seville (STS or SLS) comes with a factory front strut tower ...
    Max2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 00 - 03 Strut tower bar?

Can anyone tell me if the 00 - 03 Seville (STS or SLS) comes with a factory front strut tower bar (F.S.T.B)? or is one available in the aftermarket if not? & if not, where would be the best place to get one & what brand?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    The STS comes with a strut tower brace. Part# 25653157 and the book list on it is $29.21.

Question Re: 00 - 03 Strut tower bar?

Quote Originally Posted by El Dobro
    The STS comes with a strut tower brace. Part# 25653157 and the book list on it is $29.21.
    Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. So the front strut tower brace is factory equipment on the STS. How far back (in model years) does it go? What I mean is, has it always been a factory item on the STS as far back as say the '92 model to the '03 across the board? (I ask cause there is no mention of this important suspention component in any STS brochure I have read) or has it just been a part they installed on since the 2000 model year & up? I'm just courious is all. I also wonder why they would have it listed in the parts book for $29.21 as well......with the exception of an accident, why would you need to replace a part like that if it's already factory? Many thanks again for your expertise on this issue!

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That brace is from '98 (when they changed the Seville chassis) to the current year. I believe it comes only with the STS because the SLS is on a pretty stiff platform to begin with. The earlier Sevilles came with the brace no matter what model it was. They're listed in the parts book mainly for crash replacement. It you take a good enough hit, it'll bend.

Smile Re: 00 - 03 Strut tower bar?

Quote Originally Posted by El Dobro
    That brace is from '98 (when they changed the Seville chassis) to the current year. I believe it comes only with the STS because the SLS is on a pretty stiff platform to begin with. The earlier Sevilles came with the brace no matter what model it was. They're listed in the parts book mainly for crash replacement. It you take a good enough hit, it'll bend.

Thank you for the clairification, your help is much appreciated & helpful I figured the strut tower brace was in case of an accident for replacement purposes, but thought I'd ask the question to double check.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 00 - 03 Strut tower bar?

for aftermarket stiffness check out rsmracing.com i got one on my cts and its pretty good!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.