Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2010 SRX Frame Flex Noise

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.....I need some help identifying the possible source of a "pop" noise which sounds like it's coming from the frame when flexed going over bumps or backing out of our sloped lane way. I've had it back to the dealer a number of times for other warranty correction issues but they can't duplicate the sound even when I leave the vehicle for a few days. It almost sounds like a loose knuckle bushing or loose connection on an undercarriage heat shield. The dealership says everything is tight. Any suggestions about other possible sources of this noise ? Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
Hi pa28guy,

I am sorry the dealership is unable to duplicate your noise issue. I do understand how this can be frustrating, and something that you want resolved. Please keep us informed on the situation. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#4 ·
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hi pa28guy,

I am sorry the dealership is unable to duplicate your noise issue. I do understand how this can be frustrating, and something that you want resolved. Please keep us informed on the situation. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Thanks for your reply Laura. I will reach out to my Cadillac dealership one final time to see if this problem can be identified and resolved given that the noise has become more consistent recently. I know their Service Manager has consulted with a Cadillac Field Engineer to correct previous warranty issues. This isn't the type of mechanical reliability experience I was expecting when I made the decision to buy a Cadillac SRX. By joining the Cadillac Owners Forum and posting my problem, I was hoping for some feedback from others who may have experienced the same noise. Thanks again .
pa28guy

#5 ·
You are welcome pa28guy! I am here to provide assistance for anyone who needs it. I do understand the forum is used to interact with other Cadillac owners and lovers, who do provide awesome information and insight. I am here to help monitor and act as a liaison between the customer and dealership and answer any general questions I can.

Regards,

Laura M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.