2010 SRX Frame Flex Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 2010 SRX Frame Flex Noise in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi everyone.....I need some help identifying the possible source of a "pop" noise which sounds like it's coming from the ...
    pa28guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2010 SRX Frame Flex Noise

Hi everyone.....I need some help identifying the possible source of a "pop" noise which sounds like it's coming from the frame when flexed going over bumps or backing out of our sloped lane way. I've had it back to the dealer a number of times for other warranty correction issues but they can't duplicate the sound even when I leave the vehicle for a few days. It almost sounds like a loose knuckle bushing or loose connection on an undercarriage heat shield. The dealership says everything is tight. Any suggestions about other possible sources of this noise ? Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2010 SRX Frame Flex Noise

Hook up with GizmoQ in here or in XLR - he speaks XLR top, bottom, sideways.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by pa28guy View Post
    Hi everyone.....I need some help identifying the possible source of a "pop" noise which sounds like it's coming from the frame when flexed going over bumps or backing out of our sloped lane way. I've had it back to the dealer a number of times for other warranty correction issues but they can't duplicate the sound even when I leave the vehicle for a few days. It almost sounds like a loose knuckle bushing or loose connection on an undercarriage heat shield. The dealership says everything is tight. Any suggestions about other possible sources of this noise ? Thanks for your help.
    Hi pa28guy,

I am sorry the dealership is unable to duplicate your noise issue. I do understand how this can be frustrating, and something that you want resolved. Please keep us informed on the situation. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

pa28guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hi pa28guy,

I am sorry the dealership is unable to duplicate your noise issue. I do understand how this can be frustrating, and something that you want resolved. Please keep us informed on the situation. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Thanks for your reply Laura. I will reach out to my Cadillac dealership one final time to see if this problem can be identified and resolved given that the noise has become more consistent recently. I know their Service Manager has consulted with a Cadillac Field Engineer to correct previous warranty issues. This isn't the type of mechanical reliability experience I was expecting when I made the decision to buy a Cadillac SRX. By joining the Cadillac Owners Forum and posting my problem, I was hoping for some feedback from others who may have experienced the same noise. Thanks again .
    pa28guy

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by pa28guy View Post
    Thanks for your reply Laura. I will reach out to my Cadillac dealership one final time to see if this problem can be identified and resolved given that the noise has become more consistent recently. I know their Service Manager has consulted with a Cadillac Field Engineer to correct previous warranty issues. This isn't the type of mechanical reliability experience I was expecting when I made the decision to buy a Cadillac SRX. By joining the Cadillac Owners Forum and posting my problem, I was hoping for some feedback from others who may have experienced the same noise. Thanks again .
    pa28guy
    You are welcome pa28guy! I am here to provide assistance for anyone who needs it. I do understand the forum is used to interact with other Cadillac owners and lovers, who do provide awesome information and insight. I am here to help monitor and act as a liaison between the customer and dealership and answer any general questions I can.

Regards,

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.