Info wanted on Arnott
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Info wanted on Arnott in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi: I am looking for information on Arnott, they sell shock kits. I was wondering if anyone has these parts, ...
    toofitt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Info wanted on Arnott

Hi:

I am looking for information on Arnott, they sell shock kits. I was wondering if anyone has these parts, are they any good? There seems to be no information or very little info. on this company here. Do they offer a warantee? How do the parts ride? stiff or soft?.Are they worth the extra money for their kit? I have Boston Kits on 2 cars and I am happy, but there seems to be others that do not like Boston kits. Are Arnotts better? Why is there no or little feedback on these? I know strutmasters are no good, that is an established fact.

TOM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cal the cop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry Re: Info wanted on Arnott

About Arnott:

They s##k :madtalkinI bought a kit from them and sent it back, it looked good but didn't ride nice at all. It was the stiffest ride, like no suspension at all. The wires came out of the struts (like stock)but obviously did not do anything for the ride.

Put them in and took them out I had to mickeymouse the stabilizer links to the strut, they gave no hardware for mounting them, so they rattled.

I don't know, looking for alternatives, might try Boston.1999 Deville.I may try the luxury suspension kit they have.This is my honest opinion.

Cal

cadi197 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Info wanted on Arnott

Did you give the stuts time to break in? I heard with all new struts, it will take about 500-1000 miles for them to break-in. What probs did you have exactly with the stab. links?.....i read some good reviews but dont want to get into something I cant do on my own.

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just wondering why you are fishing for information on Arnott - since you already have boston struts on your cars. Are they beginning to fail?

You must REALLY like those Boston struts as 95% of your sixty posts since last June sing the praises of Boston. You should be getting paid for promotional support like that.

You are lucky you like your setup because there sounds like there are a few members less than satisfied with boston.

32V_DOHC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by maydog
    You must REALLY like those Boston struts as 95% of your sixty posts since last June sing the praises of Boston.
    95% huh. I find that hard to believe. Show me a post that wasn't about Boston.

I think I am going to get GXP struts when I need new ones for the 99. I am surprised that no one has offered just the electronic bypass yet. I would likely buy an elegant plug and play solution that worked. Oh well I will figure mine out when I get there.

John

Cal the cop is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello:

I am really watching this thread to see the end result.So far... I belive I made the correct decision.

Cal

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

This is the same guy who says he’s not a cheerleader for boston. I have thought for quite a while that he is Dennis of boston or someone very close to him. I have read emails from Dennis and posts by Tom and they are similar. I don’t think either one is too bright. I think that if dennis/tom wants advertising for boston he should become a supporting member. I believe that they/he perpetuated a farce on this forum. My 10 cents.

Hi:

I just was trying to establish if I did the right thing. It would seem foolish to bash a company that saves people 2,000.00 if there are no other alternatives. I am only trying to establish this fact. I truly am happy with what I bought from the company I bought from (Ok, I didn't mention their name). I do not work for them, but I feel someone has to stick up for them, I really do like the parts I got. So far it looks like I was right.

TOM

Wow Maydog I looked at all my posts since you said that 95% were about Boston. Not true, what is up with you lying about that 50% mention Boston.If you are gonna post something do the research first. All I can say about you--- since we are in the bashing mode, is you do a lot of talking but offer no answers. That doesn't help anyone!!!

TOM

Boston Suspension is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi:

We have deceided to become a member because of all the bashing going on.
    We want to start out saying "Cant everyone get along" . We can assure you, the member Toofitt is not affiliated with Boston Suspension. Looking at his posts, would indicate a satisfied customer.

Look, We realize there are people that are not completly satisfied with our product. Aftermarket parts are not cadillac parts, they will always draw negative comments. However despite that fact, there are over 1000 kits sold, worldwide.

Please, this forum is for information, not for bashing each other .If anyone wants to ask us questions. We can be reached at Bostonsusp@comcast.net. We will be happy to answer any questions about our product.

We have got complaints about our Cadillac kits over the 3 years we have been selling them, our current ratio is 77 to 1 we do keep tract of that. Pay Pal has these figures also. Complaints are logged and addressed. If a product or part we sell, can be improved, we will improve it. We have made significant improvments to our cadillac suspension products over the years.

I really feel these forum are for information. Just a suggestion, members do not want to read about personal assults. If someone wants to compalin, or assult Boston Suspension, please E mail us.

We will continue our quest to be the best alternative to cadillac suspension parts.

Regards,

Dennis
    Bost. Susp.

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Was I bashing or name calling? I was making an observation. Of course the ratio is decreasing now since you would rather trash.

But it seems that there are plenty of "new' members to back you up.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...earchid=173160

Hi:

My feelings exactly, back to the question or the topic. Arnott experience yea or nay.

TOM

dennisg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought from Arnott and evey thing was great my rear air shocks for my 95 sls fit like a glove also bought a compressor and it also was easy to install.No ajustmemts at all just remove and install what can be easier with a warranty buy don't worry dennisg(this was not hard to do)

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by dennisg
    I bought from Arnott and evey thing was great my rear air shocks for my 95 sls fit like a glove also bought a compressor and it also was easy to install.No ajustmemts at all just remove and install what can be easier with a warranty buy don't worry dennisg(this was not hard to do)
    Don't know why this thread was revived, but you can't get the whole jest of what was going on with just this thread....

Here, just scroll down to Brett's post. That's the one with the important info.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ton+suspension

I have to admit though, that I currently am running Boston Suspension on my car, code free.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.