Service Ride Control 94 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Service Ride Control 94 Eldorado in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, Service Ride Control is on. The guy I bought the car from says it is because of the chrome ...
    bleibert is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Service Ride Control 94 Eldorado

Hi, Service Ride Control is on. The guy I bought the car from says it is because of the chrome wheels and the sensor not getting a good contact. Is this possible? When I run the system monitor I get no codes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Service Ride Control 94 Eldorado

Im not sure I agree on the correlation between the chrome wheels and the sensor thing........

How many miles does you car have on it, and have the struts ever been serviced???

alliance is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a problem with the chrome wheel correlation too. According to the factory manual the diagnostic chart for "SERCIVE RIDE CONTROL message displayed, no RSS codes set" is basically to check the 2 fuses for the RSS system. One is fuse B11 in the engine compartment, the other is fuse A3 in the trunk compartment.

Good luck.

Dieslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville 1998
    Hi ! I also have a "Service ride control" message on my Deville 94. My mechanician told me it's because of the shocks. They changed it and put jobbers instead off "cadillac shocks". Maybe he's right .... maybe not !

Peace !!

PS: Tell me if those fuses fixed the message !

cadfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bleibert
    Hi, Service Ride Control is on. The guy I bought the car from says it is because of the chrome wheels and the sensor not getting a good contact. Is this possible? When I run the system monitor I get no codes.
    Theres a couple areas to look at. Most likely its struts but could also be position sensors. Pull the codes and post

alliance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by cadfan
    Theres a couple areas to look at. Most likely its struts but could also be position sensors. Pull the codes and post
    Shock or sensor problems would sent a code in the computer. Since the original message said there were no codes I still say either there is a bad fuse OR there is a problem in the power wiring to the RSS computer. As I undrstand the system anything else would set a code.

jcdsog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

service ride control

my car has the same problem yet it seems to be caused by driving in wet weather. it used to say "service ride control" when i would drive and the roads were wet or it was raining. this would show for a couple of days and then dissapear. i have tried to disconnect the electrical plugs in the fender well and put electrical grease in to keep the water out but this has not seemed to fix the problem. unfortunately, as of now, "service ride control" has been showing for about a month and a half reguardless of weather conditions. i have a buddy who works on cadillacs and he said that most of them that come in show the same problem and even upon resetting the codes, it will reappear. i find this problem very annoying and if yall find out what the culprit is then please let me know. btw, i have chorme rims also but this is the first time i have heard of that as being the culprit.

good luck and keep me posted.
    jcdsog.

also i found some info here that may help http://www.automotiveforums.com/t66411.html

chaslchapman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did anyone ever find a way to disable the service ride control message?
    I have non-cad parts and my mechanic cannot stop the message.
    It is a 94 Cad Eldo TC

JCM1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 Deville Concours, 1997 Seville SLS, 1981 Eldorado

Also had a Service Ride Control message on my 94 Concours. Turned out to be the left-rear accelerometer. Unfortunatly the dealership no longer stocks them and GM doesn't manufacture them however, junkyards do have them and I have been recently informed there is an aftermarket company that makes them.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Guys Please pull the codes and post them up here. I have done a LOT of research on the RSS system and I could help you get the message to go away. The first step is pulling the codes.

Here's how:
    http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cadidiag.html

Quote Originally Posted by alliance
    ...OR there is a problem in the power wiring to the RSS computer...
    That would set DTC I039. You are right about the fuses though.

ticker52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I pulled my codes and was wondering if you could tell me what I need to do. I have a feeling the front struts are bad since they are very bouncy and I also know the rear air compressor is not working. Here is what appeared when I ran the onbourd diagnostics:
    Code P052 History
    Code P055 Current
    Code I039 History
    Code I052 History
    No ACP Codes
    No SIR Codes
    PCM?

I thanks you in advance for any help in what I need to do next.
    Ticker52

M.A.C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS-V8

Quote Originally Posted by Krashed989
    Guys Please pull the codes and post them up here. I have done a LOT of research on the RSS system and I could help you get the message to go away. The first step is pulling the codes.
    My ride control code is S038, which is ELC Exhaust Valve/Short to Ground. I would appreciate any help you can offer to fix this problem so I can have my ride control back.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by ticker52
    I pulled my codes and was wondering if you could tell me what I need to do. I have a feeling the front struts are bad since they are very bouncy and I also know the rear air compressor is not working. Here is what appeared when I ran the onbourd diagnostics:
    Code P052 History
    Code P055 Current
    Code I039 History
    Code I052 History
    No ACP Codes
    No SIR Codes
    PCM?

I thanks you in advance for any help in what I need to do next.
    Ticker52

P052-----PCM Memory Reset (from disconnecting the battery)
    P055-----Closed Throttle Angle Out of Range [TPS] (might be time to clean out the throttle body)
    I039-----Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data (where your SRC message is coming from)
    I052-----Keep Alive Memory Error (also from disconnecting the battery)

For your SRC problem, I would first check fuses C5 and A3 in the engine compartment. If one of them is blown, it means that there is a short to ground in the corresponding wire.... If neither of them is blown, I would go on and check the ground to the RSS module... if that doesn't help we'll go on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.C
    My ride control code is S038, which is ELC Exhaust Valve/Short to Ground. I would appreciate any help you can offer to fix this problem so I can have my ride control back.
    Usually the short to ground is internal... You have to disect the ELC compressor to fix that one....
    Although, you should check the wireing first: Just stick one ohmmeter probe in a terminal on the plug and the other to something that is grounded, if you get 5 ohms or less with any of them, you know you have a grounded wire rather than an internal problem with the ELC compressor.

M.A.C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS-V8

Usually the short to ground is internal... You have to disect the ELC compressor to fix that one....Although, you should check the wireing first: Just stick one ohmmeter probe in a terminal on the plug and the other to something that is grounded, if you get 5 ohms or less with any of them, you know you have a grounded wire rather than an internal problem with the ELC compressor.
    Thank you! I appreciate the help.

I'm going to follow-up on your advice. If it turns out there is an internal short to ground, I take it that the compressor must be replaced?

ticker52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Service Ride Control 94 Sedan Deville

I looked at the fuse box under the hood and the C5 and does not exist. Along with the C4, C6 and C7. All of these are listed on the diagram as the struts. I have no inputs for fuses in thos spots.
    The A3 which is the PCM is a good fuse.
    So, is there anything else to check?

P052-----PCM Memory Reset (from disconnecting the battery)
    P055-----Closed Throttle Angle Out of Range [TPS] (might be time to clean out the throttle body)
    I039-----Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data (where your SRC message is coming from)
    I052-----Keep Alive Memory Error (also from disconnecting the battery)

For your SRC problem, I would first check fuses C5 and A3 in the engine compartment. If one of them is blown, it means that there is a short to ground in the corresponding wire.... If neither of them is blown, I would go on and check the ground to the RSS module... if that doesn't help we'll go on from there.

Usually the short to ground is internal... You have to disect the ELC compressor to fix that one....
    Although, you should check the wireing first: Just stick one ohmmeter probe in a terminal on the plug and the other to something that is grounded, if you get 5 ohms or less with any of them, you know you have a grounded wire rather than an internal problem with the ELC compressor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.