Front Struts FWD 87' Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Front Struts FWD 87' Deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My car Bounces on rough roads with dips so I wanted some opinions on what type of struts to replace ...
    SoundAdvantage is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 87 Deville

Front Struts FWD 87' Deville

My car Bounces on rough roads with dips so I wanted some opinions on what type of struts to replace the original ones with, also what about the front springs? do i have to replace them too? Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vanaisa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): `65 DeVille Convertible´67 Eldorado,´02 DHS
    If your cars nose doesnt sit too low, then its only struts, what you need.
    Just check spring and spring seat for cracks.
    KYB struts are good (well, i dont know, does they sell them in US).
    But, original struts doesnt cost too much too...

My 87' Deville has 144k original miles on it and the struts are original, they also make a knocking noise when i drive over bumps, well i just priced 2 brand new gas charged struts, installed with an alignment was only $240.00 total for the front and i don't think the back need replacing yet, they have air going to them and they seem to be ok.

Skullman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS

Re: Front Struts FWD 87' Deville

Quote Originally Posted by SoundAdvantage
    My 87' Deville has 144k original miles on it and the struts are original, they also make a knocking noise when i drive over bumps, well i just priced 2 brand new gas charged struts, installed with an alignment was only $240.00 total for the front and i don't think the back need replacing yet, they have air going to them and they seem to be ok.
    Hey Mike:
    You might want to check Sears; they're giving 50% off installation on Monroe Sensa-Tracs. Save ya a buck or two. I would replace the springs while your tearing into it. I've been pricing em and they can be found very reasonably priced, go with progressives if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullman
    Hey Mike:
    You might want to check Sears; they're giving 50% off installation on Monroe Sensa-Tracs. Save ya a buck or two. I would replace the springs while your tearing into it. I've been pricing em and they can be found very reasonably priced, go with progressives if you can.
    Hey Skullman Your 91 is "Tight" she sits up A LOT Higher than mine in the front and back, did you have new springs installed? what about your struts are they Monroe's? Thanx for the info i will call Sears and do some pricing!
    Attached Images

Skullman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by SoundAdvantage
    Hey Skullman Your 91 is "Tight" she sits up A LOT Higher than mine in the front and back, did you have new springs installed? what about your struts are they Monroe's? Thanx for the info i will call Sears and do some pricing!

Mike:

Thanks! She’s still sittin’ on Factory OEM Struts and Springs. Mind you the previous owner had them all replaced under warranty a couple of times. The front springs were replaced with the last set of struts. My left front and right rear struts are failing (CCR-Codes). I would like to replace all the struts with KYB’s or Billstiens but have yet to find them to fit locally!? Progressive springs an inch shorter would do her right too. I’ve priced the Monroe Sensa-Trac’s and Sears has the best price here in the Valley of Silly & Con at $558.82 for all 4 installed including alignment and you can deduct half the labor. Not a bad deal considering the Wheelworks wants $842.00 and Goodyear wants $979.00 for the same setup!?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.