Vogue Tire Problems (Tread wear)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Vogue Tire Problems (Tread wear) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey I couldn't find any other post regarding these, so I apologize in advance if this is redundant. Over the ...
    Prince28l is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Vogue Tire Problems (Tread wear)

Hey I couldn't find any other post regarding these, so I apologize in advance if this is redundant. Over the last 4 years I have been through 4 completely new sets of vogue tires ((3) 17" and (1) 18"). And they all seem to encounter the same problem in the front end of my 01 deville the tread always seems to wear down on the outer edges only. This normally happens after about 6 months of driving, Then I normally just rotate the back to the front before its gets bad. Once the the tread wears down on the edges I start to get a vibration around 55mph. Which I normally don't notice until I drive home from school.

I have had my suspension inspected my multple dealers(Which they All said was fine), I have also had my tie rod ends changed 2x, and I try to make sure that My alignments is always up to par.

I normally just sell my old vogues (Before they get noticeably bad) to purchase news every year or so and I typically break out even, so I'm not really losing any money. It's just more of an annoyance to have to keep going through these changes.

I just bought a upgraded to a set of 18" factory chrome wheel's and vogues and I would like to keep these fresh as long as possible, So if any one has any solutions for the tread to wear more evenly an significantly slower PLEASE HELP!!! And I'm I the only person with this problem???

*Just a side note I've seen a few posts about trouble keeping the white walls clean, and I use a Bleach White, and a Brillo Pad and they shine like new, now if only they stayed that way!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Vogue Tire Problems (Tread wear)

What air pressure, cold, are you running cold ??

Outer front treadwear - weak front springs and/or excessive cornering speeds, maybe excessive toe-in. Front camber.

You could always change to a better tire. There are quite a few most excellent all-season tires with very long treadwear specs.

Vogue does have some decent NHTSA treadwear specs, though............ http://www.iseecars.com/tire-ratings/vogue-tire-ratings

Eninety2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Deville

Re: Vogue Tire Problems (Tread wear)

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    What air pressure, cold, are you running cold ??

Outer front treadwear - weak front springs and/or excessive cornering speeds, maybe excessive toe-in. Front camber.

You could always change to a better tire. There are quite a few most excellent all-season tires with very long treadwear specs.

Vogue does have some decent NHTSA treadwear specs, though............ http://www.iseecars.com/tire-ratings/vogue-tire-ratings
    While I agree, those who run Vogues do so for a reason.

I would suggest switching at least temporarily to a less expensive tire till you get the front end figured out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.