New ELC compressor not working?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, New ELC compressor not working? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just received a new compressor, from Arnott. Their web page said These are new genuine O.E. air compressors with ...
    eyewonder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, 200K Miles

New ELC compressor not working?

I just received a new compressor, from Arnott. Their web page said
    These are new genuine O.E. air compressors with dryers.
    http://www.arnottindustries.com/imag...1_20120608.jpg

They look very nice, and appear to be just what they are advertised as. So I put the new one on the work bench, put a balloon over the output nipple, and ran the motor with a car battery. The balloon did NOT inflate, just sorta expanded to its un-inflated round shape. When I removed the battery power, the balloon instantly deflated. And yes, the balloon was tightly rubber-banded around the nipple.

This doesn't sound right to me, but I need some experienced confirmation, before cut'in loose on Arnott. If it will not inflate a balloon, how could it do anything for the shocks, supporting the weight of the rear end?

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eyewonder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, 200K Miles

Re: New ELC compressor not working?

OOPS,

My bad.

Just for a sanity check, I tried the balloon again, this time holding tight with my fingers, and it DID inflate.

So, on to the next step - installation, and checking for broken air lines to the shocks (new ones coming later this week).

Cheers,
    Steve

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.