Correct Tire Fitment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By johnny kannapo
  • 2 Post By stoveguyy
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Correct Tire Fitment in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Car: 1993 Cadillac Seville Hi, I've been fixing up my 93' Seville for the past few months and it has ...
    Omegladon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville

Question Correct Tire Fitment

Car: 1993 Cadillac Seville

Hi, I've been fixing up my 93' Seville for the past few months and it has come time to work on the visual aspects of the car. I will be putting Lexani LSS-11 20" x 8.5" rims on it, and need to know if the tires I wish to put on it will affix to the rim without major future complications.

From what I've been hearing/reading 245/35R20 is the recommended size for this size of rim. But I was wanting to put the Vogue CBR-VIII White & Gold tires on, but the closest size they make is 245/40R20. Will these tires(245/40R20) fit properly onto the 20" x 8.5" rim?

One other thing, if these rims & vogues will work with each other properly, the overall diameter once they're on the car will be roughly 1" more than the stock wheels and the car will be moving around 4% faster than the car's computer will think it is due to the larger wheels. Would this be something to worry about? The closest place to where I live that can calibrate speedometers is over 100 miles away and I do not have very much free time. So is there a device that will work with my car to calibrate my new wheels that I can order online? I've looked at stuff like "Superchips" that claim to be able to do just what I need, but will not work with my 93' Seville.

Thank you for your time and help! =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: Correct Tire Fitment

www.tirerack.com has tire specs calculate this.

The revolutons per mile & width would be important to get as close as possible.
    Tankboy40 and Tankboy40 like this.

Caddie Shak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hoop-D

Wouldn't worry about 4% speedometer error, you can adjust for that in your head while driving. Off-road guys in lifted trucks get into the neighborhood of 25% over stock and usually don't mess with speedo calibration until they go beyond 10%. (Regearing the differentials also helps get the engine's operating RPMs back to where they should be, and helps correct speedo error.)

245/40R20 tires won't fit the rim any different than 245/35R20; the only difference is the amount of tire sidewall. So the rims won't care which tire you use, but your fenders might - so you'll need to research clearance issues with the taller 40-series tires.

Omegladon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville

Thank you very much for you help!

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS

The offset and back spacing are also important. Is the rim shifted inwards or out can have a big impact on rubbing issues. The back wheel does not turn left/right like the front steering wheels. Lots of wheel dealers say they guarantee the rim dimension but not whether it will work on your car. Small but important detail.
    Tankboy40 and Tankboy40 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.