Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Escalade suspension

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  voodoo617 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a 2007 Escalade ESV. I just turned 115,000 miles. It's bugging me lately that I've lost that "new ride" feel in the suspension. It's not tight anymore and on city streets it's loud and rough. Once in awhile I even hear a creaking sound coming from the front end when I go up or down the curb at my driveway or over a speed bump. What I'm wondering is, if new shocks and struts will make it feel new again? Or is that just one small aspect of the whole suspension feel? Also, does that just open a can of worms to where I need to replace ball joints, tie rid ends, control arms etc? Thanks

#2 ·
In my experience, the "worn out" feel comes from deteriorated rubber bushings. (control arms, torsion bars, sway bars, end links, etc) steering issues (play in the steering wheel, wandering from left to right) are usually caused by bad tierod ends and worn ball joints and can even be caused by poor tires. Worn springs and shocks also contribute to the "worn out" feel, but i find it hard to believe a vehicle with only 115k has worn out the springs unless the vehicle is used for towing heavy loads on a regular basis.
Hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.