Suspension Swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Suspension Swap in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does anybody know where and exactly what brand/parts i can use to completely disable my RSS air suspension on my ...
    tja623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 sts, 2006 sts4 3.6l, 1992 fleetwood brougham, 1993 seda

Suspension Swap

Does anybody know where and exactly what brand/parts i can use to completely disable my RSS air suspension on my 1995 STS? i've been fighting this "service ride control" for too long and I'm sick of it. I'm an auto tech student at Lincoln Technical Institute in Columbia, Maryland. Don't have alot of $$$$, and I just want regular plain old shocks and struts all the way around. I will be doing the install myself and I can't seem to find a simple conversion that doesn't include some type of use of a compressor. Passive systems are not what I'm looking for! I took out my compressor/accumulator yesterday and it is shot as well as all the shocks/struts. If not do you know where to find something adequate at a reasonable price? Please help me asap!!!!! contact me direct at tja623@gmail.com. Thanks. TJ, Annapolis, Maryland.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sydns is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 deville

Re: Suspension Swap

hello tja623, I used monroe struts and shocks.You could use the struts(no air required)As for the rear shocks,I guess any quality non-air shock for the rear(disable your air pump/tank).The monroe set up I have is OK,my car rides like an Impala now.lol
    To get rid of the message you can use a cheap automotive relay (87,87a....something like that) on the module in the trunk...
    the info is in here ,just try a search...tons of great info on the site.

best of luck
    steve

sydns is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 deville

oh,here is some info for you
    http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Many are going to the Arnott & Monroe passive replacements then the Monroe RSS active replacements.

Are the air shocks leaking or is the compressor pump defective?

What are the DTC codes?

bare with me, I'm an auto tech student, graduating in February....think its the compressor, found larger lines broken and falling apart in my fingertips, replaced those first, tsb's say that will contaminate compressor, head, and accumulator.....the whole set up is probably bad, shocks are original with 240k on them codes are s036, electronic level control short to ground/open, s038, electronic level control exhaust valve short to ground/open, s044, RF position sensor fault, s061lift or dive signal fault. sorry i took so long to get back to u, TJA623 Annapolis MD

thanks got alot of good troubleshooting tips, sorry i took so long to repond

was it involved as far as any major modifications or a quick swap? did u do it? I'm an auto tech student, graduating in Feb. 2012, got access to all the lifts/tools and instructors i need to fix it myself, any specific part numbers for the Monroe set up? by the way, there are a few bad impalas out there found that relay today..thanks for the response, sorry it took me so long to respond, tja623, Annapolis, MD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.